Re: Phantom DVR, not available?
keith111
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've inadvertently unraveled a part of the mystery.  I use Firefox, the latest is v20.0.1.  Tonight, I loaded up Chrome Version 27.0.1453.65 beta-m and I can see everything, no errors, and I have no idea why.

Using Firefox 20.0.1 is somehow the problem. Loading the My DVR page gives me a pop up window "There was an error with the request to the server."  Once I clear that popup error message, my equipment is not there, nor is my DVR.  Here are 2 print screens, first the Popup error, then you'll see no DVR, and no equipment after I've clicked on My Equipment.  The Add DVR button takes me to an order process, which would kick off another billable DVR to my account.

I've tried to add 2 screen shots for reference, but apparently can't due to a post size restriction.

When using Chrome 27.0.1453.65 beta-m, as well as IE v9.0.8112.16421 everything works as designed.  I log in with the same userID and PW, click on My DVR page, no error, and all my equipment is listed. 

On my Android device, this is a similar situation althought I'm not sure what the browser is, I'm not using Chrome on the Android device, but I will more than likely download it now.

0 Likes
Techone1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I also have a DVR that has been recently replaced. As a result i also have a phantom DVR listed within my ipad/iPhone/web verizon interface.

Granted my replacement box arrived yesterday, I'm hoping this phantom DVR listing does not stay n my account for the next six + weeks. Looking forward to reading that your issue has been resolved.
0 Likes
keith111
Enthusiast - Level 3

As other folks here have indicated, the missing DVR may disappear from your account at some point.  In my case, it did not. 

Early on, I called Support and at one point an internal service ticket was generated to address it.  However, when this step was completed, I had no equipment showing at all. This whole thing was just odd.

The resulting follow on issue, where I'd still get a popup error window loading up the My DVR Page, and no equipment at all showing was even more frustrating.   For some crazy reason, I switched by browser from Firefox to Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer yesterday, and the My DVR webpage worked as designed. My equipment appeared, my recordings, scheduling, etc. 

When I switched back to Firefox, pop up error, no equipment showing, nada.  So somewhere along the line, or perhaps from the beginning (?), Firefox was an issue for me. Even more perplexing, I clear my history, cache and cookies every time I close Firefox.  I also use a cache and cookie cleaner every other day or so.  I'm just glad to have the My DVR webpage access working now so I can schedule a recording from anywhere.  I posted my results in this thread, top of page 2.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Keith111 wrote:

When I switched back to Firefox, pop up error, no equipment showing, nada.  So somewhere along the line, or perhaps from the beginning (?), Firefox was an issue for me. Even more perplexing, I clear my history, cache and cookies every time I close Firefox.  I also use a cache and cookie cleaner every other day or so.  I'm just glad to have the My DVR webpage access working now so I can schedule a recording from anywhere.  I posted my results in this thread, top of page 2.

I use Firefox (20.0) pretty much exclusively and have no problem accessing my DVR, just verified that it still works. I wonder if perhaps you have a Firefox Add-on installed that is causing the problem? It is easy to check whether this is the problem, just start Firefox without any add-ons ( Help ==> Restart with add-ons disabled.....) and then see if you have the same problem. I know for a fact that some people have had problems with various MyVerizon functions with some add-ons (I don't know which ones however); if you determine that it is an add-on problem, then the fun begins, trying to figure out which one.... Smiley Very Happy

By the way, the only thing I clear in Firefox when I shut down is the Cache, I keep all Verizon cookies so the two-week login works, and I don't think I have ever cleared the history. I don't think cookies, cache, etc. have any effect on this.

Good luck!

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad updating your browser helped resolve your issue.

Don't forget, you can supply some feedback on this issue to our developer team via our Idea Exchange.

As always, feel free to create a new post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes