Picture goes black and pause doesn't work
meluv2travel

TV picture is great and then all of a sudden the screen goes black...I have to change to another channel and then go back to the original channel to get the picture going again.  Pausing is also disabled when this happens.  It's a HD DVR QIP7232.  This just started happening within the last two weeks

0 Likes
Re: Picture goes black and pause doesn't work
meluv2travel

BTW...I tried the following with no success:

-  Unplugged power cable for 5 mins and restarted w/initial dowload in progress message

-  Went online at Verizon executed a reset

-  Checked all the physical cable connections

Problem still persists even when watching recorded shows

0 Likes
Re: Picture goes black and pause doesn't work
FrustratedUser22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if this is the same reset, but press the Menu button on your remote and locate the "Fix Common STB/DVR Issues" item.  Verizon keeps moving it around and renaming it, but it should be under Customer Support, or Support Tools or Help Sections.   It will take 5 - 10 minutes to run and will reboot your DVR (perhaps several times).  This does fix many wierd issues like you are reporting.   Sometimes you may have to run this app twice.  Othertimes I have to choose the Fix/Activate My DVR Service as well.   It should not affect any settings or recordings on your DVR.

BTW, unplugging a Verizon DVR should be a last resort since you could damage or corrupt the hard drive since it is always recording even if nothing is scheduled.

0 Likes