Picture in Picture
Brianb0271

How do you get the Picture in Picture to work with Fios?

0 Likes
Re: Picture in Picture
PJL
Master - Level 3

The FiOS STB does not support picture in picture.  There are a number of threads on this in this forum.  Suggest you search for "picture in picture" and read them for more information.

0 Likes
comish4lif2

So, I have FIOS, and I have a remote that has a "PiP" button - but Verizon doesn't support Picture in picture. Ok, so, that's a little crazy, right?

@PJL wrote:

The FiOS STB does not support picture in picture.  There are a number of threads on this in this forum.  Suggest you search for "picture in picture" and read them for more information.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@comish4lif2 wrote:

So, I have FIOS, and I have a remote that has a "PiP" button - but Verizon doesn't support Picture in picture. Ok, so, that's a little crazy, right?

The remote is a "universal remote" so it has buttons for other devices that may or may not apply to FiOS. like the "Input" button.  Crazy?  I'm not sure about that.  But it sure would be nice if the FiOS STB did PiP!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@PJL wrote:

The remote is a "universal remote" so it has buttons for other devices that may or may not apply to FiOS. like the "Input" button.  Crazy?  I'm not sure about that.  But it sure would be nice if the FiOS STB did PiP!

The Input button on the remote does not have any function for an STB, but at least for me, if Ihit the TV button and then the Input button it controls the input function on my Sony TV. So I can easily switch between various TV inputs for the STB, DVR, VCR, and outside antenna tha I do have connected. So it does have some use for me.

But yeah, I agree, it would be nice if the STBs supported PIP. But I have read in multiple places that the STB hardware for that is not present, much less the software on the STBs. But who know, maybe someday.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not so crazy on STB's that have only a single tuner .... however with DVR boxes that have dual tuners (plus the ability to play recorded content) , that definitely is ponderous.   You'd think it wouldn't take much to have the box to a video overlay and display the signal from the second tuner.   Maybe it's some HDMI thing which somehow makes that impossible by anything but the end display device (i.e. TV).    But then, I have heard that other STB's can support it.       Anyone know the HDMI spec and limitations? 

0 Likes