Picture Quality
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

Hey Verizon,

Just to let ya all know the latest IMG update 1.6 buld 6.89 has had a degrading effect of the Standard Def signals through the HD DVR STB, i am also noticing graininess in the HD PQ as well. Someone should get on this. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Picture Quality
bcushman
Enthusiast - Level 2
I second this request. The SD qualilty on my 32 inch Samsung and 65 inch Mits has gone from excellent to terrible, epecially the softness of the picture. This is a MUST fix.
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
I must be the only person in Ma who is still on 1.5. They cannot seem to get me on to 1.6. Not that I watch much SD, but with the issues, I may not complain about being on the island by myself. Smiley Sad
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Henry are you boxes 2500-1 or 2500-2? If they are you need 2500-3 to get the IMG 1.6.
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
Tel, Wish it was that simple. I have a 2500-3 and 3 6416's, none of which can get 1.6. I have reset them and they have been reset by the FSC. The problem is in the hands of the video engineers. I have heard nothing from them for three days.
0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

@bcushman wrote:
I second this request. The SD qualilty on my 32 inch Samsung and 65 inch Mits has gone from excellent to terrible, epecially the softness of the picture. This is a MUST fix.

I have brought this to the attention of Vz video engineers and have described it to them as "soft and fuzzy" like it is almost out of focus just a wee bit.

I am awaiting an answer Monday!

Have you noticed any problem with the HD PQ, mine looks just a little grainy since 1.6 6.89 was deployed.

0 Likes
bcushman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, there is a bit of a change in the HD picture, although the main attention has been to the SD channels. I like CSPAN, MSNBC, BBC News and NECN (New England Cable News)  and the change there is very noticeable. 

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Everyone please make sure you have 1080I or your appropriate HD signal listed correctly in the box. After the 1.6 IMG upgrade it may have changed.

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
Upgrade 1.6, Build 6.89 allows these settings to be changed from with it the Set Top Box. Are you saying the internal settings of the STB can be different?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Joe01880

Yes it is possible that the settings may have changed on the IMG 1.6 upgrade.  Please double check your Video Settings found by pressing Menu, Settings, Video Settings and then selecting 1080I

0 Likes