Pixelation
poohbear75065

I have FIOS in my apartment and have been getting pixelation several times a minute with a few lines of the picture pixelated at once.  The longer I am watching, it seems to get a little worse.  Some channels seem worse than others and the HD channels seem worse than standard.  It is definitely not my TV as recorded shows are pixelated in the exact same spot if I rewind.  I had received a message that I needed my DVR replaced, so I got the new one about 2 weeks ago and replaced it and the problem still exists. The apartment is only about 2 years old so the existing cabling is fairly new.  Fios support reset the ONT which did not help.  They said if they sent someone out it would cost $90 if it was in the cabling in the apartment.

I removed the cable from the ONT and cabled my DVR directly to the ONT with another long coax that I had and the problem is still there.  I then rolled my TV cart to within about 5 feet of the ONT(in a closet) and hooked it up with another shorter coax and the problem is still there.

I don't want to have to pay Verizon $90 to get this fixed when I am 99% sure it is not the coax.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Pixelation
NetNut1
In another thread I saw the change the video out put to 16:9 720p if that is your tv type. I have two, made the change and
Tested it on both for live tv, VOD and DVR recorded. So far so good.
Menu>Settings>Audio & Video > Video> 720p:16:9. TV will blank and come back on as ask to confirm.
If you have a new 1080p, that is 1.95 update default.
Good luck.
0 Likes