Pixilation during playback of HD and Standard recorded stations and Remote incompatiblilty
nmurphy153

To whomever it may concern,

I had FIOS Triple Advantage Bundle installed 2-17-09 here in Danvers MA. I have spent countless hours either on the phone with tech support or in person with 4 different field techs. 

2-20-09: Pixilation during playback -7100 HD STB- on second TV -no problem watching same playback -multiroom 7216 HD DVR- on first TV- Note: Both TV's are HD and no more than a year old. 

2-23-09: Informed by tech "Known problem with their remotes and certain manufacturers of TV's" -Verizon is working on developing an adaptor to address this-.  He exchanged the Router.

2-28-09: Recording reverted all the way back to the beginning -trying to fast forward to a later part of the recording-.

3-5-09: Tech replaced the 7100 STB -still pixilated-!

3-14-09: Informed by local supervisor on voice mail "A software fix will be implemented by 3-26-09 to address the remote control issues".

3-17-09: New 6416 HD DVR received.  Replaced 7216 -still pixilated on second TV-

3-27-09:  Voice mail to Tech support in RI "It has been 12 days with no replay available on the bedroom TV since we changed the STB, why is this happening and when can we expect it to be fixed".

Has anyone experienced these issues and if so was anything done to resolve them? 

0 Likes
Re: Pixilation during playback of HD and Standard recorded stations and Remote incompatiblilty
eg

You are not alone!  Same song and dance here.  Techs are coming tomorrow, we'll see what they come up with.  Phone support techs vary wildly in their knowledge of any issues.  We are having the pixillation problem when trying to pause live tv, then rewind and fast forward.  This is on the HD multi-room DVR.  It sometimes works (like right now!) and often doesn't.  Pressing the pause button, and leaving it until the 20 minute time-out causes the program to jump to live tv.  When I try to rewind, it goes into a very slow mo state, then pixillates terribly in live mode.  No ability to rewind.  One tech told us that if we want to pause past the 20 minutes, we must record what we are watching if we want to rewind, totally ignoring the fact that the advertised function is to be able to rewind up to 60 minutes. 

The other HD DVR we have sometimes won't work at all with the remote.  The first tech suggested a different box, after telling me about a "known issue" with some tvs emitting a type of light that interferes with the DVR remote. He couldn't set up a delivery time more than a day in advance, and told me I had to call back.   The second tech said, no, a different box wouldn't help.  He recommended that we complain to the tv manufacturer!  I say, Verizon needs to provide equipment that is compatible with MY TV, or say so before I pay! 

Verizon has some real advantages over Comcast, but their equipment isn't ready for prime time, their support-by-phone techs are idiot know-nothings, and they don't have their s**t together.

0 Likes
Re: Pixilation during playback of HD and Standard recorded stations and Remote incompatiblilty
khyren
We only just got the FIOS package.  We recorded my favorite show tonight and decided to watch it 20 minutes in..  it was so pixilated it was impossible to enjoy.  Now have to wait until tomorrow night when it plays again and catch it at the beginning.
0 Likes