Poor Customer Service
justriley1

On, or about, February 6th I called customer services to report that I TV had a "No Signal" message.  I had just turned the TV on and it was working about an hour earlier.  To trouble shoot I messed with my input settings, but that did not work.  I also went through the automated system where they claimed to have sent a signal and everything seemed fine from their end.

When I called and got through to a live operator, I spoke with a woman, who was later told was employee {edited for privacy}.  She also said the signal was reading fine from her end and asked me to use the remote to test the input settings again, but this did nothing as well.  The woman then asked me to go behind my TV and switch the cables from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2.  I refused to do this.  I don't know about anyone else, but the way my entertainment system is set up it is quite difficult to get behind it and mess with cables.  I told her that it was just working and that she needed to find a way to make it work again,

She replied "I can't help you if you are not willing to troubleshoot"

I told her that she then needs to send a tech to deal with the problem.

She said "There may be a charge"

To which I relied "There will be no charge"

THEN SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was fuming and called back.  I spoke to Alex {edited for privacy}.  I explained the whole situation to him and he was very apologetic.  {edited for privacy} then went on to RESET my set top box (which is what I thought the automated system and the other woman were doing when they sent the signal, but apparently not).  This reset fixed everything.

This is not the first time this has happened.  About 6 months ago I called to complain that my phone would not work when the power went out, even though I have a battery back up in my basement.  It was installed only a few months earlier.  I was on the phone with a young man and he wanted me to go into my basement and troubleshoot the problem.  I told him no, and that I wanted a tech sent out to do it for me.  This your man told me “NO”.  He flat out refused to send a tech.  I told him I didn’t care what he said, I wanted one sent out and he still refused.  When I ask who he was that he thought he could deny me my request he told he something along the lines of “You not handicapped, I am not sending a tech to do something you can do yourself”.  How the hell does he know what my physical state was?  Again I called fuming and explained the whole situation to someone else who was more knowledgeable in customer service protocol.  I cannot recall if I was given the young man’s name or number that time.  The second guy did arrange for me to get a new battery that now sits on my dryer because I still have not gotten around to dealing with it.

I have dealt with both Comcast and Verizon and it seems that customers are forced to choose, not by which is better, but by trying to decide which sucks the least.  Maybe that can be your new slogan “Verizon:  yes we suck, but not as much as Comcast”  hey it seems to work for politicians. 

0 Likes