Power on/off issues
KingKoz

By default (I think thats what the installer told me), the STB remote is programmed to turn the STB AND the TV power on/off when the power button is depressed. Yes I am aware that this can be changed to only the STB power on/off. The problem I am having is that my remote seems to get into a loop where it turns one on and the other off with one push of the button. Pushing the STB button first doesn't help either since the remote is programmed to activate both. I have also noticed that the Power button on the STB doesn't work MOST fo the time. I have to repeatedly push it to get it to hopefully work. This isse is similar on all 3 STB's. The TV's that have the analog converter connected, it occasionally shuts itself off, not a big issue, just a PITA issue!

Koz

0 Likes
Re: Power on/off issues
PJL
Master - Level 3

You should be able to reprogram the remote to control only one device at a time.  Press and hold the STB button.  While holding it down, press the OK button.  Release both keys.  The device should blink twice.  Then press 9-7-7.  The remote should blink twice.  Then press OK.  The remote should blink three times indicating that it has be reprogrammed to have the power key control only one device at a time.

This, by the way, is in the remote user manual. 

0 Likes
Re: Power on/off issues
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

When ever you get in that loop of turning one on and the other off. Just press TV so that the remote will only do the TV. press power. Now both are either on or off. Then press STB and you are now sync'd back up. and proceed normally

0 Likes