Probably The Most Incopetant Employees I Ever Experienced
hac5x3

Dear Verizon Executives:

I originally ordered Verizon FIOS bundle which was installed on October 1, 2013. When I realized that I was not getting any sports channels I called and asked to add the sports package on October 11, 2013. I was told the sports package would be on in a half hour. That order number was {edited for privacy}. I called a few days later when the sports package never came on and was told that there was some "rare" problem with the order and that they would re-order it and it would be on in a half hour. That order number was {edited for privacy}. I called back today when the sports package was still not on and was told I needed to sign up for a new two year contract (less than two weeks in to my first contract) which included the sports package and that once I did it would be on in a half hour. That order number was {edited for privacy}. You will note that today is a Sunday and I had anticipated watching some football. Of course when it didn't come on I called back and was told that because I had ordered a set top box for my bedroom with the sports package and the two year contract I had to wait seven days to get the sports package because the set top box was the first order (are you kidding me with this?) and the sports package was the second order. Oh, and since it was a Sunday the cancel department (whatever that is) was closed so I could not cancel the order so I could re-order and put the package before the set top box and get the sports package turned on immediately (unbelievable). I was told that I would have to wait until Monday to do that. Of course I missed all the football games today/.

Each time I called I made it clear I wanted the sports package ASAP to watch some football.

All of this (at least to me) is mind blowing. It seems that not only is your company unable to make a simple change to the service (like adding a sports package to an existing service), but has created some priority ordering system which can put the activation of a set top box before television programming. Add to all that the fact that three of your employees had absolutely no clue what they were doing or saying, and I now remember why I got rid FIOS two years ago.

Needless to say, I will canceling the service tomorrow and going back to cable - where they can turn on a channel (without making three orders and lying to me) in about ten seconds.

Yours etc.

A Former Customer.

0 Likes
Re: Probably The Most Incopetant Employees I Ever Experienced
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hac5x3

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Probably The Most Incopetant Employees I Ever Experienced
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to no response, it seems assistance is no longer required. If you need help setting up the set-top box, feel free to make a new thread.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes