Problem with FIOS ON demand content. Furious
Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
I just yesterday signed up and had the technician hook up my equipment (HD DVR) and am experiencing very bad artifacts and audio problem to the point where it is unwatchable. I called a tech and he was extremely unhelpful and was obviously inexperienced. This is beyond frustrating and I don't have time to stay on the phone while someone tells me to do the same process ten times over. (Yes, he literally did the same process ten times). Please help!
0 Likes
Re: Problem with FIOS ON demand content. Furious
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The video on demand goes through the internet path of your service. Is this picture and audio problems happening on all boxes in your house? Please reboot the router or try a factory reset on it.

Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes it is on all the boxes. I recieved a new router and it has not solved the problem. I also cannot access the wifi on the router either. Ethernet connections work fine but i need wifi for my tablets and game systems.
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The Wifi settings are going to be different for your new router. Please access that information from the sticker on the router. Take that information and plug it into your devices. Since all TV's On Demand are effected, try rebooting the FIOS ONT. This is done by unplugging the power cord to the battery back up unit. It will make a beeping sound to let you know its now running on battery power. Open the battery compartment and unplug the battery. All the lights on the system will go off and the FIOS will go down. Leave unplugged for 3 minutes then plug everything back in. Service will be back up in another 3-5 minutes. Test the On Demand to see if the same thing is happening (you can test on any of the free shows).

Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
I know the settings are different. I'm saying the same thing is happening. They can connect but recieve nothing from the internet.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Icedburden wrote:
I know the settings are different. I'm saying the same thing is happening. They can connect but recieve nothing from the internet.

I saw this problem on my tablet.  I had to forget all WiFi connections in the setup and rescan and add the new router.  Then it worked fine.

0 Likes
Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Tried that. Didnt work. ALL of my devices cant use wifi. Still get choppy VOD content with power cycle of battery backup. Thanks for tip though.
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Did you reboot the ONT as suggested by the Verizon person?

0 Likes
Icedburden
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yeah. Its crazy, my internet and tv have been perfect for years and now, in a period of three months, both have become a bane.
0 Likes