Problem with Fios TV Mobile Remote Control
henryvli

Hi I installed Fios TV Mobile Remote Control to my phone. When I start to use it, it asks me for name and last 4 digits of mobile no. I entered my name and mobile number, it always will return "wrong pin number". So what can I do and what exactly is the name and mobile no? Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Fios TV Mobile Remote Control
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey do you a parental PIN on the STB that you are trying to use the remote control on that's the only you should get a prompt for a PIN.

0 Likes
henryvli

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_sbcDBaZbC-c/S4L1HA9Kr2I/AAAAAAAAIBs/ciqytcJ83qw/s512/Screen001.jpg

I found this when I try to use the remote app. I entered my information but it will always say my pin is wrong.

0 Likes
hokie
Enthusiast - Level 3

What type of phone are you trying to run the app on?

Try going to your STB and choose Settings > FiOS Remote DVR > Mobile Phone Access

From here you should be prompted to enter your phone number, and you'll receive a PIN which you should then be prompted by the app on your phone to enter.

I never saw the form you posted during my setup process (I'm on a BlackBerry 8900).

0 Likes
henryvli
0 Likes
agw
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is exactly where I'm stuck at as well. I have a confirmation code in this screen (see below) but cannot figure out what numbers to enter on the phone.

Register a Mobile DeviceUse this section to register a new Verizon mobile device, change phone number
or use a different household mobile device to operate your DVRs remotely.

DVR Enabled
Name: HD DVR Mobile Phone: XXXXXXX8200 Edit   Remove   Model: QIP6416 | Unit Address: 0001095314

Confirmation Code 9971XXXX  

Mobile Remote DVR Status : Awaiting Authorization
0 Likes