Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV
kennyo17

Set up my new Fios tv one equipment last night and Im having trouble powering off the tv with the voice remote.  When i push the power button, it rarely powers off the tv.  The STB will shut off almost every time.  But the tv will usually stay on.  Sometimes I get lucky and they both turn off.  The tv's are all samsung, 6 & 7 series. Anyone having this issue?  I reset the remote and that didnt resolve the problem.  Tried the manual pair too.  Also tried holding the remote sideways.  Please help!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with Fios Voice Remote Powering Off TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kennyo17 wrote:

Appreciate the replies.  At least I know I'm not the only one having this problem.  I also did the manual pairing and Im not convinced thats a complete fix because Im still having the power off issue. 

Are you re-pairing the remote to the box, or going into the menu and choosing the TV make and model of your TV for the remote to operate? Also you do have to point the remote at the TV, the Fios one box works with bluetooth,, so you don't have to point it there. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘OK’ to select. Choose your TV > Press OK.

View solution in original post

hls811
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed this sometimes too.  If i quickly tap the power button it doesnt' seem to trigger the TV, if I give it a more distinctive press it generally works.

For one of my TV's I went through and did the manual setup of the remote, not sure if it made a difference though. 

David954
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed this issue by manually pairing the TV using the Settings menu.  You get to select your specific model and that does the trick.

renpar61

does your remote retain the manual setup settings?

mine doesn't 

everytime you turn on the tv it goes back to auto programming itself

0 Likes
OldSchool6
Enthusiast - Level 1

We just installed Fios one. We were having a problem with our sound system, TV, and new Fios one box turning off and on together. The technician told us that the Fios one box is wireless so you can have the remote pointing anywhere and turn that on and off. But our TV and our sound system are infrared so we need to point the remote at those devices to turn off/on/change sound level.  Pointed at it then everything works at once. 

kennyo17

Appreciate the replies.  At least I know I'm not the only one having this problem.  I also did the manual pairing and Im not convinced thats a complete fix because Im still having the power off issue. 

0 Likes
WutangKillaB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Manually setting up the remote for my MU8000 Samsung tv worked for me. I was having the problem with auto setup option only turning off the stb and not the tv sometimes. 

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kennyo17 wrote:

Are you re-pairing the remote to the box, or going into the menu and choosing the TV make and model of your TV for the remote to operate? Also you do have to point the remote at the TV, the Fios one box works with bluetooth,, so you don't have to point it there. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘OK’ to select. Choose your TV > Press OK.

supahyadda
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fixed my problem thank you.

Jefarl

I have the same issue. Do I have to unlink the remote and start over? Also when I go to menu, setting, I don't see voice control? Fios tv voice remote?  

0 Likes