Re: Problems with local channels - sound cuts out?
BlackNGoldRules
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Judya123 wrote:

Funny you should say that they were to send someone out but they were a no show. the same happened to me yesterday- no show. I was on the phone for 2 hrs. with customer service asking why my ticket was cancelled? They said that they discovered it was a "group" problem and they would have to fix the problem at "the hub" -Nice customer service- 2 hours on the phone and this was after I had cancelled an important appointment last evening to stay home and wait for the service tech. I am so upset with Verizon and their service or lack thereof.

Well, at least them telling you that they realize it's a group problem at the hub is somewhat encouraging anyway. Just having us all individually reset our boxes or having techs come out to our houses individually isn't going to fix an area wide problem that has nothing to do with our individual hookups! You're right about their customer service. It's very bad. Anyway, let's see how long it takes them to fix this problem now since they're saying they realize it's an area wide problem. At least that's some progress anyway.

0 Likes
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2
I watched HD local channels all night and did not experience the cut out at all.  I'm recording the Office and 30 Rock tonight so I'll report back.
0 Likes
BlackNGoldRules
Enthusiast - Level 1

@dskrzycki wrote:
I watched HD local channels all night and did not experience the cut out at all.  I'm recording the Office and 30 Rock tonight so I'll report back.

OK, thanks. I experienced it once during the Pens game last night myself. It was during one of the intermissions if anyone else here was watching it and happened to noticed it. Seems to just happen every once in a while on FSN but happens more frequently for me on the other lower channel locals.

0 Likes
PghSteelers
Just got FIOS TV and I am seeing the experiencing the same problem. There are intermittent 3 second or so sound outages. 
0 Likes
Mark_S
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced similar problems intermittently.  I am in the Wash. DC area.

0 Likes
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm wondering when/if Verizon will acknowledge this.  Next up, writing my local newspaper TV columnist.
0 Likes
BobTheTechGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm in Howard County, Maryland, and we have that problem with the local channels also (ABC, NBC, CBS).  Very intermittent, never know when it's going to happen.  Very frustrating when it does happen -- "Murphy" says that it'll happen in the middle of a sentence that you really want to hear.
0 Likes
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Murphy" has a way of doing that.

I sent an email to my local paper TV columnist. We'll see what happens.

0 Likes
BlackNGoldRules
Enthusiast - Level 1

@dskrzycki wrote:

"Murphy" has a way of doing that.

I sent an email to my local paper TV columnist. We'll see what happens.

That's a good idea, maybe I'll do the same thing. Which local paper TV columnist did you write to? I watched a lot more of the local channels over the weekend, than I usually do, and it's still happening a lot. I watched the Pitt game Saturday on NBC channel 11 and it seems to do it the most on that channel! I watched football games on Sunday on CBS channel 2 and Fox channel 53 and experienced it again on both of those channels as well. I have company coming to my house in a  few weeks for Thanksgiving and I'd really like this problem to be solved before then!!! We'll be watching a lot of football that day on the local channels! I'm going to look really stupid if this is still happening and my friends and family are going to think I'm an idiot for switching from Comcast to this! This is a topic that we have to keep alive until they do something about this! I'm feeling a little ripped off right now!

0 Likes
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent an email to Rob Owen at the Post Gazette.  He recommended that I send it to the TV Q&A mailbag.  Wouldn't hurt for more than one of us to send the same message to him.

post-gazette.com/tv/questions/qaform.asp

I've been watching local HD channels and it hasn't happened once.  So its definately isolated to the non-HD channels.  Unfortunatly, I don't have HD in my bedroom or my kids rooms.

0 Likes