Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Problems with local channels - sound cuts out?

TimSykes
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Problems with local channels - sound cuts out?

Message 31 of 35
(3,728 Views)

@BizSAR wrote:

Yup, using component. How would the cable choice cause audio (and occasionally picture) drop-outs on certain channels?

It was more for the people having pixalation  issues as well. What audio connection do you use ie optical or coaxial? Have you tried to swap out for the other? 

izub
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 32 of 35
(3,681 Views)

I am in the Seattle area and with optical/coax out have incredible distortion loud sound on my local sd channels .The issue goes away using rca jacks...but i want

surrounnd sound so I can't figure out how to get rid of this...Tech had no answers. reboots 3rd box same problem!

chalewa4bambu
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 33 of 35
(3,662 Views)

well just sat down for a day of sports, and sure enough 5 minutes into the army/navy game, sound cuts out.

this is really startingn to get ridiculous. 

yenracd
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 34 of 35
(3,641 Views)
I'm in NJ and we have had the pixelation and sound cut outs all weekend.  It's pretty bad...it's been on all channels not just the local ones.  I counted and the sound cuts out about 10 times in just one minute...so much that you can't even watch. 
yenracd
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 35 of 35
(3,613 Views)
Just wanted to update....Tech Support rebooted my ONT and the pixelation and sound cut-outs are gone!  Smiley Happy
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title