Problems with local channels - sound cuts out?
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the Pittsburgh area and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a problem where the sound cuts out from time to time.  Somtimes it will happen 2 or 3 times in a half hour program....other times less frequent.

I can't isolate when but it seems to be mainly on the local channels (NBC the most often) on the standard def channel.  I have noticed it on other local channels but not nearly as much.

I'm curious if anyone else has this problem and what solutions, if any, you may have.

Re: Problems with local channels - sound cuts out?
chalewa4bambu
Enthusiast - Level 3
yes i am in the pittsburgh area as well, this happens constantly. 
0 Likes
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks.  I wonder if anyone at Verizon is aware and what actions are being done to fix it.
0 Likes
BlackNGoldRules
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yes, I'm having this problem as well! I called Verizon today, before I was aware that it was just the local channels, and he basically just reset my boxes and told me to call back if it continues. Well, tonight I was flipping through local channels and noticed it happening. Before tonight, I really have only watched the locals to watch the football games so it didn't dawn on me that it was just the locals. Now I see that it is just the locals since I really haven't noticed it on any of the other channels. Anyway, I'm going to call them back tomorrow and I suggest you guys do the same so they are aware of this problem. I'm at least glad to see that it isn't just me. Does this picture freeze a little along with the sound cutting out for you guys? I thought I nocticed that too but not sure since it happens so fast.
0 Likes
BlackNGoldRules
Enthusiast - Level 1
Just to add one more thing, this problem has been going on with me for a few weeks now. Like I said before, I didn't realize that it was just a local channel problem until tonight and you guys confirmed it with your posts. This is why it's important that we all call them and tell them about this and be specific so they realize that this is a Pittsburgh area problem and not just a bad wire at somebody's house or something like that. If only one of us calls, then we'll just get some rep who just wants to do a reset of the box and blow it off after that. I've seen a lot of horror stories on here concerning Verizon's tech and customer support so that's why I bring this up again. Hopefully we can get them to take care of this because it's annoying to watch a Steeler game with sound cutting out here and there!
0 Likes
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the picture skips slightly along with the sound cutting out.  I'm going to call and see what they say.  I agree, the more that call, the more Verizon will view this as not an isolated incident.

0 Likes
Judya123
I am a Pittsburgh customer. I have been experiencing sound cut outs intermittently. Mostly noticing on local channels-Notice alot on WTAE. When this sound cut out happens it sometimes is accompanied by a brief picture freeze with pixelation (or mapping or tiling) on the screen. Very annoying to say the least. When I called in for tech support all they wanted to do was reset my set top box-THIS IS NOT A FIX people! When I said I wanted someone to come out to resolve this, the tech asked me to disconnect my box and carry it to another room and hook it up to another tv to see if this would happen again. I was not about to do this- Why can't Verizon come up with a fix on this. I am very unhappy with Verizon's customer service and tech support. I hope this gets fixed asap.
Message Edited by Judya123 on 10-28-2008 06:54 PM
0 Likes
nonnieweg
Enthusiast - Level 1
YES and I have been contacting verizon and they were finally going to send someone out. But they were a no show.Suppose to come out angain today will let you know how it gos.
0 Likes
Judya123

Funny you should say that they were to send someone out but they were a no show. the same happened to me yesterday- no show. I was on the phone for 2 hrs. with customer service asking why my ticket was cancelled? They said that they discovered it was a "group" problem and they would have to fix the problem at "the hub" -Nice customer service- 2 hours on the phone and this was after I had cancelled an important appointment last evening to stay home and wait for the service tech. I am so upset with Verizon and their service or lack thereof.

0 Likes
dskrzycki
Enthusiast - Level 2
I called and they wanted to do a box reset as well. I explained to them that other people on the VERIZON forums in the Pittsburgh area are experiencing the same thing. They said "ok" and that they would look in to it. I'm going to call again tomorrow........then maybe every other day until it gets fixed. Coming out to the house isn't going to solve it so I won't even attempt to schedule something. Its obviously something more global. It is starting to get on my nerves and each and every day I'm starting to regret making the switch to FIOS (and that says a lot because I hated Comcast).
0 Likes