Problems with new online TV Guide
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sometime in the past week or so, the online TV guide changed.  This new guide has multiple problems.  It is NOT an upgrade, it IS a retrograde.  

1. The color scheme is bad, plus no separation between shows on the same channel.

2. It does not show if a show is new or is a rerun.  The old guide did that very clearly.

3. It does indicate shows that are programmed to record, the old guide did that.

4. For some reason, it is not communicating with Google Chrome properly.  The result is that Chrome does not show the proper channels for my area, but is showing channels for Dallas.   It also does not recognize my DVR.  It does not have a button to switch to my favorites list.  If I revert to MSIE, those things are shown correctly (but 1-3 above are still messed up).

Problems with new online TV Guide
TViwer2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

How on earth do Programmers come up with these silly ideas!!!

Verizon Programmers - Do you not notice when you are viewing the TV listing the channel displaying the "largest" batch of information is NOT on the TOP row but on the THIRD row? Why did you design it that way??? When scrolling down to see what's currently on you have to not only look down at the listing but you have to look up two rows!

It might sound like a silly complaint but common sense would tell you to place the "largest" row on TOP not three rows down!

Both Classic & Standard View do not correct the problem. Both are the same.   

Solution - Set it up where the TOP ROW DISPLAYS ALL THE INFORMATION not the third row,

Re: Problems with new online TV Guide
svilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

The guide colors are horrible and very distracting. I used to be able to surf right through channels to find shows, now I have to stop and consciously read every line of every page.

I also have a color deficit that makes it harder to read.

svilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently received an update on my FIOS boxes that changed the colors to some awful combination of blue, green turquoise and red. it is so distracting that I cannot read the text. I have to focus and concentrate on each page to make out what shows, multiply this by the 20-30 guide screens and it is now an impossible tool to use. The colors being used draw the eye away from the information on the page.

I used to be able to surf through the guide scanning for shows, now it takes a considerable effort just to read each screen. 

Additionally, I have a blue/green color deficiency which seems to compound this issue. There is no option to change the guide to more user friendly color scheme so I am stuck with this update. The screen looks like a web page created by an 8 year old with the use of non-coordinated colors and then adding some glaring colors on top of that.

Please give us a choice on the which guide we wish to use. You are becoming more Comcast like in not reviewing the impact of your changes as you force them upon us. Any advancements you made in the FIOS system were completely nullified by this guide. I can't get past it as it was the most used feature.

If you are going to act like Comcast then there is no need for me to differentiate between the two of you as you are now simply interchangeable content providers.

wwdm
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new on-line guide is absolutley horrible:  Buttons that do not correspond to anything on the remote control, horrible dark color, writing too small, organization is bad, incredibly difficult to see shows recorded on DVR and select among them. 

I didn't ask for this and do not need it - How do I get the old guide back?

Neal6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Svilla - Probably not optimal for you but do you like the second guide with colors? I remember seeing an option to set that as default.  I believe its System -> Television -> Preferred guide ->  Channel guide or Mini Guide.

0 Likes
Re: TV Guide on computer and Google Chrome
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

@LawrenceC wrote:
Merged with more relevant topic.

The topic that the message was moved to is

1. an old message,

2. marked as solved -- but no solution is given.

I would really like to find a solution to this problem, which has just happened in the past two weeks with some sort of change in the online TV guide.  The guide is now working with MSIE (albeit not well), and not working at all with Google Chrome.

0 Likes
Re: TV Guide on computer and Google Chrome
dale5351
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have discovered a partial solution to the Online TV Guide problem while using Google Chrome.

Based on something I read in another post, it seems that the IP address of my DVR must have changed and the appropriate information did not get sent.  The fix that cured this was to reboot the DVR.

Menu -> customer support -> top support items -> reboot DVR.

I would mention that this also cured another problem in which starting to view a recording from the DVR had a 20+ second black screen before it started.

0 Likes
DrOnet
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new giude sucks plan and simple. Honestly you have to wonder who comes up with this crap and goes - yeah that's better. 

Back to drawing board with new Program Guide
forrerthots
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was pretty frustrated with the new guide design, but thought I would give it a couple of days to see if I could adjust.  Unfortunately it only seems to be more frustrating. My hope is that you will roll back to the previous version and work on this one..

The biggest problem is that the eye doesn't know where to go...it is distracted by the way things jump around, the wild variety in color highlighting and,in contrast, the lack of differentiation in colors for the general blue on the other hand.

I would just add that you've broken the center bar -- the one that visually let you know "you are here".  I get lost all the time because of the lack of cell differentiation in adjacent cells of the same color.  The red line I think you are using as a cursorin this area is actually breaking the flow and the fact that you dupe the information from the Program Segement and then break it with a redline.  I know its supposed to be a highlight, but it is actually stopping the eye. 

Really hoping something can be done