The new television guide
EFT2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hate it, hate it, hate it!  Too much on the screen at once, which makes the type too small to read. Black background is terribile.

This is irritating enough to even switch to another provider.  I understand there are TONS of complaints about this, with a big cry to bring back what it used to be.

If Verizon cares about what it's customers think, I suspect we could get the old guide back.

Re: The new television guide
FloridaCoop
Enthusiast - Level 1
My God! It is simply awful! What can I say? My contact is up in February. Time to leave for Direct TV Who in their right mind thought this makes any sense ( it doesn't use the whole screen, the colors are absolutely garish, it's hard to see, it has less information, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it
Re: Problems with new online TV Guide
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

I am a programm, not for Verizon. Programmers do not come up with these ideas, we simply code what management demands. Complain to them, not us.

0 Likes
New Guide Screens
Gary651
Enthusiast - Level 1

What a terrible change Verizon has made to the TV Guide. It is less readable (colors are horrific), and less intuitive for use. They should definitely go back to the other guide.

The recent TV guide and DVR Management format changes are dreadful.
Hboisvert1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to contact those responsible for the new user interface design and color schemes?  I would like to know that the responsible person or persons understands how visually grim & depressing and functionally deficient the new interfaces are.  If you do know but cannot reveal their contact info, would you please forward my message to them?

When I first saw the new online program schedule page I thought that something was wrong with my browser so I refreshed the page several times and then changed to another browser.  But it still looked awful.  Still I had hope that someone was working behind the scenes to fix this problem.  

In the mean time I installed the Yahoo TV guide.  Which is very well designed.  A few days later I logged in to program my DVR and was very distressed to see that the problem had migrated to this page as well.  That's when it dawned on me that this was not a terrible mistake but a deliberate change.  Because the screens were so hard on my eyes I decided to just use the program guide on the FIOS remote control.  

I was shocked to see what had been done to the design and layout of these menus and screens.  The Guide interface layout is still the same but the color scheme is very hard on my eyes. Especially the bright white text on the pure black and deep blue backgrounds.  Although I have tried to decipher the logic behind the choice of color assignments I just don't get it.  It does remind me of PowerPoint presentations created by interns who go crazy and use every color and special effect available.

But the changes made to the DVR screens are an offense against all the best practices of user interface design.  In addition to the harsh white text on black background the layout and functions of the menu options are very different, and not improved, with one exception, the new display of the number of new recordings  & total number of episodes. The two best features of the old interface are now gone.  The ability to Play All and Delete All. And I cannot immediately tell when or if the focus has changed in response to key presses.  The response time is so slow I’m left wondering if my choices have been recognized.

And finally, unlike most of the other FIOS interfaces, within the DVR windows, when you scroll down in the list of recorded shows the list moves up and disappears.

0 Likes
Guide for all TV
DGagne124
The new guide is difficult to read because the locations for info and the color scheme is completely different. Print seems smaller. I don't need glasses and I'm 33 years old. I'm not getting a pair. Let's also talk about the DVR guide. Before, I could read My recordings, the names of each recording, and the most recent recording all in one line. I have to hit enter too many times to get to the next recording and they don't appear listed in separate colors for (previously watched). Sometimes I forget if I've seen said recording. Again, I'm 33. Stop making me feel old. Otherwise I have been and will be happy with my fios service.
Sincere feelings and regards,
Dianne
0 Likes
rodeoclown

I really hate the new guide, not user friendly...it 's really bad. What was wrong with the old one, at least you could follow it.

0 Likes
Re: Back to drawing board with new Program Guide
ike71
Contributor - Level 1

"The red line I think you are using as a cursoring this area is actually breaking the flow and the fact that you dupe the information from the Program Segment and then break it with a redline"........Exactly.

0 Likes
Re: Back to drawing board with new Program Guide
tonytedesco1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The new channel guide at the bottom of the screen has a flaw I have noticed, the red line that shows how much time has elapsed in a paticular program does not show up correctly on all programming.

0 Likes
Morriganscrow
Another example of fix it until it's BROKEN ! Or perhaps someone needing to justify the validity if their position.

The light text on the dark background is absolutely unreadable.
You can no longer see the progress bar.
It has a noticeable lag since the update.

Gotta LOVE that "new and improved."

0 Likes