Program Guide
wildyugo
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just got Verizon service installed, yesterday.  Is there a way to increase the text size on the Program Guide screen?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Program Guide
wildyugo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, there is a way to increase the size of the  Guide text. It's done by changing the Program  Guide screen  to SD instead of HD.  Tech. Support talked me through the steps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

No.

0 Likes
wildyugo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, there is a way to increase the size of the  Guide text. It's done by changing the Program  Guide screen  to SD instead of HD.  Tech. Support talked me through the steps.

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

@wildyugo wrote:

Here's how you do this (it's far from intuitive).

Settings -->TV-->Video Settings --> Graphics Settings

You are then presented with a choice of HD or SD

Select SD

Next you see a screen asking you what kind of TV you have (HD or SD) --- Select SD, EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN HD TV

(if you select HD, your request to display Guide in SD format will be ignored)

It does make the text easier to read, but displays less info. Works for me, keeps me from having to get up and walking to the TV to read the guide.

0 Likes
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

I just realized that the original poster was the one who came back and said there is a work around. A gentle suggestion  - when you find a solution it would be nice to share how to do it with others.

0 Likes
wildyugo
Enthusiast - Level 2

djb, Thanks for laying down the steps.  I couldn't remember them, when I posted that there was a work around. 

Spoiler
Smiley Embarassed

@djb wrote:

I just realized that the original poster was the one who came back and said there is a work around. A gentle suggestion  - when you find a solution it would be nice to share how to do it with others.

0 Likes
cje24576

The directions fixed the text size problem, but I was wondering if there was a way to get the guide & everything else to appear wider, but still keep the larger text size? I hope you understand what I mean. Thanks

0 Likes