Program Remote for DVD Player
wcjg

I have been trying to program my remote to use with my DVD player. When I get to the screen where it asks me to select the brand of my DVD player (and then get the codes associated with that brand), my particular brand is not listed. Can someone please tell me what to do, if anything?

0 Likes
Re: Program Remote for DVD Player
Justin46
Legend

@wcjg wrote:

I have been trying to program my remote to use with my DVD player. When I get to the screen where it asks me to select the brand of my DVD player (and then get the codes associated with that brand), my particular brand is not listed. Can someone please tell me what to do, if anything?

The only thing I can suggest is to try to find out who makes the DVD player. It could be one of the listed brands with a supported code, just marketed under a different brand name. What is the brand name of player you have? Have you tried searching via Google or any search engine to see if there are any reports you can find that way?  Could be worth a try.

Good luck.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: Program Remote for DVD Player
PJL
Master - Level 3

If you have the four-button remote, try this process.  (It's from the instructions for programming when the codes in the book don't work.)

"If none of the codes worked, try the following procedure. (As before, we will use the example of a DVD player. For other devices, use the appropriate Device Key instead of the DVD key, in steps 2 and 3.)
1. Turn on your DVD player.
2. Press and hold the DVD player key.
3. While holding down the DVD key, press the OK key.
4. Release both keys. The Device Keys will blink twice.
5. Press 9 - 2 - 2.
6. Point the remote at the DVD player.
7. Press .
8. Press . Every time you press , the remote sends out a new
power-off command to the DVD player. Keep pressing until the DVD player turns
off. (You can press to go back.)
9. When the DVDturns off, you have found the right code. Press OK to
store this code."

0 Likes