Re: Programming TV One Remote to control sound bar
laguna5243
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Bose sound bar attached to my TV with an optical cable. I just switched to FiOS TV One with the voice remote. At first I could not get my voice remote paired with the Bose sound bar, but I think it was because I didn't try long enough to find the remote code. Using the voice remote, press the play/pause button and the 0 button simultaneously. When the blue light on the remote begins flashing, let go of the buttons. Follow the instructions on the screen to, "Select a new Audio Device Brand". "Bose" was already an option on the next screen. It took me through a few screens, testing if the TV muted and if the volume changed. At first, the the tv muted, but the volume didn't change. I had to select the option, "No, the volume didn't change", several times until the correct remote code was found. Then, finally, the voice remote controlled everything. Good luck!

Karlemann
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for a very detailed reply 

I got sound bar working, but now want the stupid screen saver deleted before I turn off TV, a Samsung smart 50" one.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ritter197 wrote:

Thanks for a very detailed reply 

I got sound bar working, but now want the stupid screen saver deleted before I turn off TV, a Samsung smart 50" one.

The screensaver never goes away,. Not a feature you can change. Just have to turn off the tv.
rino0021

i have the new fios box where you talk into the remote. and i have a LG tv and  a samsung sound bar... hooked up with D ...

i can turn the tv and box on and off , but cant controll the sound bar.. any tip?

0 Likes
jonrule1

these instructions worked perfect for my bose sound bar.. thanx

0 Likes
GJB2020

In some cases, you may have to manually enter your specific TV and Audio equipment information. Follow these instructions to do so:

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘ok’ to Select
  2. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps
  3. You will get a ‘success’ message in the upper right of the screen when the setup is complete.
0 Likes
ZachG1

According to an AV guy I brought in just to pair a Bose sound bar with my Fios / Samsung system, Bose has much of its system proprietary and therefore it’s not possible. 

0 Likes
ZachG1

According to the AV guy I brought in specifically to do a Bose system pairing, Bose has proprietary software that doesn’t allow such pairing

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@ZachG wrote:

According to the AV guy I brought in specifically to do a Bose system pairing, Bose has proprietary software that doesn’t allow such pairing

Seems like others got their Bose soundbar to work with the fios remote. Try the procedure posted above. It is just simple IR codes that need to be sent.

Alex4707
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Bose sound bar and Samsung nu8000 TV serially connected through FiOs Box to TV via hdmi arc.

Old FiOs universal remote controlled sound perfectly. My understanding is hdmi arc controls power on/off on sound bar as long as sound output of tv is set to hdmi arc.  

However since I upgraded to FiOs 1 upgrade, I've noticed that sometimes when I adjust sound - nothing happens. Then I realize sound bar is not powered on. When I go into settings on the tv, I find it has reverted to tv speakers,  I have to manually change it back to hdmi (sound bar) to get FiOs remote to again control sound. If I then power off all turns off , power on all turns on - everything ok. So this problem is transient and not reproducible.

bottom line - it appears that fios1 power/on off is not always powering on/off sound bar. If sound bar is not powered Samsung reverts to tv speakers and fios1 remote no longer controls sound. Any idea why this is happening?

0 Likes