Re: Programming TV One Remote to control sound bar
Alex4707
Enthusiast - Level 2

May have found issue. In this type of connection, best NOT to set up the sound bar and remote. Setting up the TV only controls the audio bar via HDMI ARC. Adding the sound bar to the fios1 remote seems to conflict. The solution seems to have resolved this issue. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Stolog
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to program the Fios TV One remote to work a sound bar. The brand "KMOUK" is not list listed as an option. With the old remotes there was a way to cycle thru the codes but I don't see that as an option here. I tried picking a random band and cycling thru some of the codes that way but that did not work and it will take forever to try all the code going thru those steps.

Right now it's hooked up via the optical connection. I might try ARC over HDMI but I was trying not to use you the HDMI connectors on the TV.

Any Suggestions?

TIA

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Stolog wrote:

I'm trying to program the Fios TV One remote to work a sound bar. The brand "KMOUK" is not list listed as an option. With the old remotes there was a way to cycle thru the codes but I don't see that as an option here. I tried picking a random band and cycling thru some of the codes that way but that did not work and it will take forever to try all the code going thru those steps.

Right now it's hooked up via the optical connection. I might try ARC over HDMI but I was trying not to use you the HDMI connectors on the TV.

Any Suggestions?

TIA

Why not use HDMI ARC? Many people do, even though there are issues occasionally. You just have to make sure the soundbar does support ARC, and yo use a good, high-speed HDMI cable. As far as codes for the Fios One remote, they use MFR info, not codes to program, so if the MFR isn't listed, you have to find one that is compatible.You might check with the manufacturer to see if there is an equivalent. support@kmouk.com

You could look into the menu for your TV and see if you have the option to have the optical output use variable volume versus fixed. You could also go into the Fios box menu and change the volume from fixed to variable. Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Audio> Volume Control. Not sure if that will change volume of the optical out on the box, but it's worth a try. It WOULD change the volume going to the TV, which might affect the optical out there.

AllentownDeb1

After reading countless forums and many youtube videos, the consensus is you need a soundbar with an HDMI port and connect to HDMI port on your TV or remote will not program volume controls.  I am sending my brand new soundbar back (2nd one) and purchasing one with an HDMI port.  If this does not work, I will repost.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes