QIP 2500 P3 Search not working
EJRW
Contributor - Level 1

R 1.9.7

Build 19.45

Search has not worked for over a week now. Accessing search via any method (button or selecting it on screen) does nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance, Eric

PS. Could not find anything related in the forums.

PPS. I also tried a "power reset", i.e. I unpluged it, counted to 30, and plugged it back in.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: QIP 2500 P3 Search not working
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi EJRW,

On the box, is it able to get on demand access also? There isn't any known issue to prevent it from being able to utilize the search function. You can always download the In-Home Agent as well at https://care.verizon.net/iha/IHAPC.aspx and actually reset the box using it instead. A reset using this program is different than unplugging the power cord to the box. Try that and let us know.

Thanks,

CJ

View solution in original post

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi EJRW,

On the box, is it able to get on demand access also? There isn't any known issue to prevent it from being able to utilize the search function. You can always download the In-Home Agent as well at https://care.verizon.net/iha/IHAPC.aspx and actually reset the box using it instead. A reset using this program is different than unplugging the power cord to the box. Try that and let us know.

Thanks,

CJ

EJRW
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, On Demand works. Oddly enough, while in On Deman, if I press search (Bluse B), it exits on demand.

I will try a reset via the In Home Agent.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Eric

0 Likes
EJRW
Contributor - Level 1

CJ,

I am very happy to report that the IHA worked. Heart

First screen did not help, but the second screen (which did a reset), solved my "no search" issue.

Thank you very much and Happy New Year,

Eric

0 Likes