Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

QIP6200 STB Ethernet Port?

VB1000
Contributor
Contributor

QIP6200 STB Ethernet Port?

Message 1 of 6
(8,673 Views)
Can this port be enabled in order to connect an IPTV ready TV or do I need to run another ethernet cable from the router to the TV?
Message Edited by VB1000 on 06-10-2009 07:53 AM
5 REPLIES 5
TimSykes
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: QIP6200 STB Ethernet Port?

Message 2 of 6
(8,666 Views)
the network port is not active, and no was to make it active, you would need a line from your router.
jumpin68ny
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 6
(8,618 Views)

Are there any plans to ever make use of it?  The reason I ask is I'm currently replacing some walls in the TV room and I'd rather run an Ethernet cable now when the walls are open than wait.

Thanks

Jim

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 6
(8,593 Views)

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Are there any plans to ever make use of it?  The reason I ask is I'm currently replacing some walls in the TV room and I'd rather run an Ethernet cable now when the walls are open than wait.

Thanks

Jim

AFAIK there are no plans to activate the RJ-45 on the Moto STB.  If you are going to have open walls anyway I would suggest going head and running the Ethernet cable.

Another option is to pick up an Actiontec (or NIM-100) on E-Bay and use it as a MoCA to Ethernet bridge.  There are threads here and on dslreports.com explaining how to do this (search is your friend Smiley Wink ).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
hockeyusa81
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 6
(8,554 Views)
Even if Verizon isn't planning to activate it, I would recommend doing it. At the worst, you won't have to hassle with it later down the line and it's only a matter of time before the vast majority of homes have rooms wired for high speed internet. Even if you're not using Verizon 8 months from now, you'd be able to benefit from having done it already.
jumpin68ny
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 6 of 6
(8,533 Views)
Great Thanks
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title