QIP7100 2 powered on twice, now doesn't work?
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just had my FiOS TV installed/activated. I have two QIP7100 2 boxes. One of them is not working. It initially powered on and was activated fine. We then turned it off. After the service technicians left, I turned the box on to set the volume to fixed and name the set top box. Unfortunately, it didn't have any guide data and said it couldn't connect, though I was able to watch HBO on it just fine. I figured I'd leave it and try again later. 

Well, I went downstairs, got some component cables to hook up the box in the other room, hooked it up, and then came back to see if the guide data was available and I could name the set top box yet. Now, it won't power on. 

The Power light comes on, then a small dot in the center of the front panel blinks 9 times, then stays lit for a moment while a red exclamation point appears, then everything goes dark. This just keeps repeating itself. My display will show "Please wait" in red text over a gray bar for a moment, but it quickly disappears. This also keeps repeating.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: QIP7100 2 powered on twice, now doesn't work?
th3rtythr33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now the other box is showing a message that Cable CARD pairing information is not available. I guess I'll have to call tech support when I get home today if it's still not working. <_<

0 Likes
Re: QIP7100 2 powered on twice, now doesn't work?
bobbobbins1

I am also having this exact same repeating cycle on my new QIP7100-2.

Did you fix it ?

0 Likes