Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

QIP7216 continuously rebooting

SOLVED
ronzie
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

QIP7216 continuously rebooting

Message 1 of 4
(1,315 Views)

Tried to watch a recorded program on my QIP7216 and it froze while navigating the menus to get to the recording I wanted to watch. I unplugged AC to the box, waited about 30 seconds, then plugged it back in. A message appeared on the TV screen saying "insert cable card", and stayed like that. It was getting late, so I unplugged the box again and went to sleep.

This morning I plugged it in, and now it goes through this cycle, continuously: the front display says "8.8.88", then a box appears on the TV saying "please wait", then the screen goes blank and the display shows a blinking dot for a while, then it starts all over again.

Also, the fan in the box is now running continuously.

I hope I don't have to call Verizon, but if I do and the box needs replacing, are they going to make me pay a fee?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sangs
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: QIP7216 continuously rebooting

Message 2 of 4
(1,303 Views)

Have some bad news for you. One of my 7232s did this exact same thing a few months back and it had to be replaced. Sorry.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sangs
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 2 of 4
(1,304 Views)

Have some bad news for you. One of my 7232s did this exact same thing a few months back and it had to be replaced. Sorry.

ronzie
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 4
(1,283 Views)

@sangs wrote:

Yeah, I called Verizon support, and they are sending me a replacement. There go my saved recordings. Oh well, at least there isn't a fee, according to the support guy.

sangs
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 4 of 4
(1,277 Views)

There is no fee for an exchange/replacement due to a defective box.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title