Quality of Picture for On Demand Movies
cordera23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm considering switching from DTV to FIOS once the new 500 GIG DVR (7232?) and ver 1.9 IMG is available and I'm comparing featrures in the mean time.  DTV On Demand is done over the Internet pre-storing popular movies on the DVR.  This works well.  The picture quality seems to be as good as it gets; it is 1024p - 24Hz.  I really enjoy watching movies this way and may never go to the theater again.  How does FIOS match up?   IS 1024p- 24Hz available with FIOS On Demand movies? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quality of Picture for On Demand Movies
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that is one area where directv has the edge.  they have a mammoth 1080p library for VOD titles.  Verizon has none, and no plans to do 1080p VOD at this time.   The rest of the features and quality of overall programming and the new dvr with the new guide make it a very attractive service over directv.   

View solution in original post

Re: Quality of Picture for On Demand Movies
Hubrisnxs
Legend

that is one area where directv has the edge.  they have a mammoth 1080p library for VOD titles.  Verizon has none, and no plans to do 1080p VOD at this time.   The rest of the features and quality of overall programming and the new dvr with the new guide make it a very attractive service over directv.