Quantium TV with 3 TV but want no access to for on 3rd tv
Malcarese
Question.. I'm looking to get the quantum package with extreme channels.. I'd like to have 3 tv's hook up to my account but I would like 1 TV (in guest room) not to be able to access the quantium DVR at all.. And that 3rd TV I want to be able to see HD channels as well. Is this possible?

0 Likes
Re: Quantium TV with 3 TV but want no access to for on 3rd tv
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not really.

Quantum remotes (IPC) require the VMS (DVR) for its tuner.

If you are willing to accept limited channels on the 3rd TV, you can tell it to disconnect from server and it will use the set of channels that Verizon makes available via its app.

Not sure it will stick though.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The only way that is possible with quantum is to get a DCT700 digital adapter or a cable card in that room.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Telcoguru wrote:

The only way that is possible with quantum is to get a DCT700 digital adapter or a cable card in that room.

But the OP said he wanted HD on that TV, and the DCT700 is SD channels only, so that won't work.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The cable card will give them HD the DCT700 is SD only.

0 Likes
Malcarese
Does the cablecard go into the dct700? Also does that mean th 3rd TV wil have full access to all the Chanel's in HD with extreme package.. Last question does that TV also get a full screen TV guide as well.... I as cause I thought I read something on the forums that ther is no TV guide with the dct700... Thanks again everyone for helping me with this
0 Likes
H3LP
Enthusiast - Level 2
a cable card goes in a tivo
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@Malcarese wrote:
Does the cablecard go into the dct700? Also does that mean th 3rd TV wil have full access to all the Chanel's in HD with extreme package.. Last question does that TV also get a full screen TV guide as well.... I as cause I thought I read something on the forums that ther is no TV guide with the dct700... Thanks again everyone for helping me with this

The DCT700 is a digital adapter that is SD only. It does not get guides . A cable card goes into a TV with a cable card slot or into a Tivo device. If it goes into a TV there are no guides. If it goes into a Tivo the Tivo can download the guides over the internet. The cable card does get HD channels.

0 Likes
Malcarese
Thank for all the help everyone.. I promise last question.. How about is it possible to use parental controls on that 3rd tv to restrict from playing or recording from the dvr on the 3rd TV ? ... Also I'll contact fios support number to see what if there any other possible options that they could recomend... Second question... If I had 3tvs with the quantiumDVR (6 tuner) and all 3 tv's are watching a different channel.. Does That mean I could I can only record 3 othe channels at the same time . I promise guys no more questions from me .. Thanks again all...
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

@Malcarese wrote:
Thank for all the help everyone.. I promise last question.. How about is it possible to use parental controls on that3rdtv to restrict from playing or recording from thedvr on the3rd TV ? ... Also I'll contactfios support number to see what if there any other possible options that they couldrecomend... Second question... If I had3tvs with thequantiumDVR (6 tuner) and all 3 tv's are watching a different channel.. Does That mean I could I can only record 3othe channels at the same time . I promise guys no more questions from me .. Thanks again all...

The parental controls do not block multi-room DVR functions. The server has 6 tuners. The clients take away 1 tuner each from the DVR when they are in use.

0 Likes