Quantum FIOS and MoCa 2.0
JKCOOL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was hoping someone would tell me why when I upgraded to Quantum FIOS and they sent me a new router WHY THE ROUTER is MoCa 1.1? I know MoCa 2.0 is backward compatible, but 1.1 is slower SO I am guessing why the guide loads up is so slow and problematic? I see their Quantum router for $199.99 uses MoC 2.0? **bleep** Verizon.

We have been banging our heads on why our version of Quantim FIOS is so bad.  Software, yes partially. But doesn't the MoCa network has to slow down to the oldest device, in this case the router?

Thank you for any help,

Bruce

P.S.

I was on with FIOS Technical support and they told me my older equipment was not compatible with the new Quantum equipment and would cause issues.  Then why the older version of MoCa on the router? They wouldn't even trouble shoot with me with the older equipment on the network cause that was the reason I was having problems.  I think I will call them and ask them this question.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum FIOS and MoCa 2.0
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Fios Quanyum Internet is just a term Verizon hands out for internet speeds of 50/50 or higher. The Fios Quantum Gateway router is Verizon's newest router which is AC wireless capable. The guides loading slow could be a bad router, coax, splitter. STB etc. MOCA is just how the STBs communicate with the router. If it is 1.1 or 2.0 it does not matter.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Fios Quanyum Internet is just a term Verizon hands out for internet speeds of 50/50 or higher. The Fios Quantum Gateway router is Verizon's newest router which is AC wireless capable. The guides loading slow could be a bad router, coax, splitter. STB etc. MOCA is just how the STBs communicate with the router. If it is 1.1 or 2.0 it does not matter.

0 Likes
JKCOOL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I learned MoCa 1.1  and 2.0 get along just fine and the 2.0 devices work with each other at the higher speed and when 2.0 talks to 1.1 it slows down to that speed. I will eventually put sometime aside to check my cabling.  The splitters were all upgraded to the higher Hz level for MoCa 2.0. No change though in load time and response. 

Bruce

0 Likes