Quantum recording software glitch
piotzar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just installed Quantum boxes.  Discovered a cannot record from the "create a recording" and "search for show" buttons.  Deadends with screen that says "please wait".  Could do this easilly on old box.  This is not a marginal glitch:  had I known about it I wouldn't have "upgraded".  I wonder if Infinity works this way?  So, paying more money, spending more time for less functionality.  Worst is that there's no way to get a complaint to Verizon except this way, unless you want to talk with someone who's not responsible for the problem.  Wonder if they'll notice?  On to Facebook.

Re: Quantum recording software glitch
Jomtien

I have the same problem.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This problem is well documented (search is your friend). There is rumor that a new release will be out this week and will address a number of the Quantum issues.

BTW, this is mainly a user supported forum.

0 Likes
briansalamone

I also have the same problem....

PLUS

Here is my situation...  Was talked into upgrading to FiOS Quantum.  I specifically asked the question before agreeing to the upgrade... "will I lose all my my DVR scheduled recordings".  The answer was simple.... I was told "No.  All of your scheduled recordings are saved online. The system will seamlessly transfer over our scheduled recordings to your new DVR, however any saved video recordings that you have not yet watched will be lost, as they are saved on that specific DVRs hard drive."   - Made perfect sense to me... anything I had recorded and not watched, gone... however, everything I selected to record in the future won't have to be reselected.

Received my package containing 3 new STB yesterday, Tuesday, 9/9/14.  Opened and followed the directions exactly. Spent a couple of hours moving furniture, unwiring my old boxes and rewiring my new ones to my televisions and associated devices.  Turned everything on and everything worked great, EXCEPT my scheduled DVR records were not there.  Double checked the directions and didn't say I need to do anything specific.

I contacted technical support only to find out that I was to "back my scheduled recordings up to the home cloud before uninstalling".  Triple checked the instructions and confirmed it never advised anything of the sort.  ... However, since many of the scheduled recordings are not currently airing, I had no choice but to go through the lengthy exercise of moving the furniture again, uninstalling the new equipment, reinstalling the old equipment, following technical supports instructions to back up...waiting for that to complete, uninstalling the old equipment again, reinstalling the new equipment again...All while on the phone with support.  You can imagine how involved this was and how long it took.

After the reinstallation of the new equipment was complete, I was finally hoping to relax...But... It didn't work.  Spent well over another hour troubleshooting on the phone with tech support... they couldn't get it to download and finally admitted "...we are aware of several glitches with this service, we have followed all known solutions, if we haven't been able to get it to work by this point, unfortunately you are going to have to reselect all your recordings..." 

Seriously?!  I had been on the phone with Verizon for 5 hours only to find out you have been deceiving me this entire time?!  There was a possibility all along that this wouldn't work?!  Furious, I demanded to be reverted back to my old service and compensated for my lost time and the fraudulent sales pitch.  I was promised that the service technician would stay on the line and validated everything to customer service.  They didn't.  I then had to tell the story AGAIN.  I was advised that I couldn't go back to the old service.

Fit to be tied at this point (approaching 5 1/2 hours) I advised if I can't have what I ordered and can't have what I previously had, I am just canceling everything.  -- They then told me they would transfer me to the retention department.  I made them promise to stay on the line again to validate everything --- They didn't.  So I had to explain the situation AGAIN. 

The retention representative couldn't understand my issue and kept putting me on hold (without asking for permission to do so) several times, for up to 15 minutes at a time, to speak with tech support.  Why??  I have no idea... I already told her I exhausted all of those options... I just wanted to cancel.  Then she tried to schedule me a repair technician... which I declined... then she spoke with tech support again.  When she finally came back to the line (my 6th hour into the ordeal), I said "Enough.  Do not put me on hold again.  I just want to cancel".  The representative said, "I was just trying to see if there is any way for us to fix this like you asked me to...."  ... I responded... " I never asked YOU to do that, I just wanted you to cancel my service ", now please do so immediately.  --- Which she finally agreed to.

Then she asks me the question, "...do you want to keep your phone number?", which I responded "Yes.".... and she then proceeds to tell me "...well if you want to keep your phone number then you have to contact a new provider first so they can port your number and it will be protected.  If I cancel you now, your number won't be protected."  Shouldn't this have been the first thing she told me?  I had enough of Terri from the Tampa call center at this point, it was almost 10 PM and I needed to go to bed.

I was a satisfied FiOS customer.  Now I am actively searching for a replacement.  I am not credit / discount fishing.  I am very disappointed as I held Verizon fire than Comcast / DirecTV / Dish, etc.  However, apparently your equipment, tech support and customer service is worse.  Highly dissatisfied.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

A new version of the QUANTUM IMG rolled out this morning, 9/11/14.  Some or maybe all your bugs have been reported fixed according to people who have been reporting on other forums.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So did you get your Quantum boxes up and working? If not, contact Quantum TS directly (855-6390288)

My experience has been that the person that asnwers the phone can help you directly.

I had to call them on a couple of issues and they were able to get me going with not a huge amount of disgruntelment.

Good Luck.

0 Likes