Quantum TV - Home Box sound cutting out
Anderson5005
Enthusiast - Level 2
We just upgraded to Quantum TV a few weeks ago. Now, the home box or the media server's sound keeps cutting out every 30-45 seconds. It's pretty consistent. I tried resetting the box and replacing the coax cable going into the box from the splitter. None of the client boxes are having this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Quantum TV - Home Box sound cutting out
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have heard mutliple people with the same complaint.

Supposedly being fixed in the next relase due out very soon.

0 Likes
SeanMcPartlin
Enthusiast - Level 2
And they expect us to pay extra for this?

Personally I wish everybody sent their boxes back and people didn't pay extra for "Quantum" marketing strategy. That new DVR should simply replace the old one.... TiVo keeps looking better and better... If they just drop the Roomeo per device charge....
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Problems aside, you get mor functionaily with the new system than with the old.Happy with the current set up, you can keep it.

No one is forcing you to upgrade.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you should go to the user settings menu (not the regular menu) and enable l-pcm.

press and hold the D button, and that will get you to diagnostics. 

You'll see D01, D02 etc.  you don't want to be "there"  but your close.

So when you see that page, hit the right arrow and it should shift you over to the User settings menu.   On this screen you'll see things like screen resultion and CC 

You'll also see additional hdmi options.   You want to go there, and then you'll see Audio - and from the audio section you'll choose L-PCM

Give that a try and report back to homebase

0 Likes
Anderson5005
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have yet to try changing the audio setting, but I did find one solution. I plugged in some component cables and the sound doesn't cut out. So I've identified it's when I use the HDMI cord is when I'm getting the sound cutting out.
0 Likes
mudixon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this and it didn't work. It sounded good for about 5 minutes and then started cutting out again...even worse I think. I switched it to "pass through" to see if that helps. So far so good. I definitely think this is some sort of HDMI issue with the box.

0 Likes
hmtwoman

I tried this unsuccessfully!  It happens both on the main unit, but mostly on the secondary box in the bedroom.  Very distracting and disheartening!  I'm ready to ship it back.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried using component cables?

Does it happen on all channels or just select few?

0 Likes