Question about set-top exchange and router
tomdaug

Hi all,

We were one of the first Fios customers in the Wylie, TX, area, and as such, we have 2 old 6416s and a dlink router, each from about 7 or 8 years ago, maybe longer.  I've got a couple of questions I can't seem to find the answers to.

1. Does the exchange swap DVRs for DVRs? Or does it only swap to a set-top box that doesn't have dvr capability.

2. The original d-link router connects to the coax through an adapter, would it have to be exchanged for the actiontec router, or would the adapter still work?. Currently everything works and VOD is fine.

If the dvrs swap for dvrs, that's great, but I'd rather not do it if I have to spend the money to change the router.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

0 Likes
Re: Question about set-top exchange and router
PJL
Master - Level 3

@tomdaug wrote:

Hi all,

We were one of the first Fios customers in the Wylie, TX, area, and as such, we have 2 old 6416s and a dlink router, each from about 7 or 8 years ago, maybe longer.  I've got a couple of questions I can't seem to find the answers to.

1. Does the exchange swap DVRs for DVRs? Or does it only swap to a set-top box that doesn't have dvr capability.

2. The original d-link router connects to the coax through an adapter, would it have to be exchanged for the actiontec router, or would the adapter still work?. Currently everything works and VOD is fine.

If the dvrs swap for dvrs, that's great, but I'd rather not do it if I have to spend the money to change the router.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Swaps are for the STB types -- DVR or not -- you currently have. 

No change is required for your current router configuration.

Re: Question about set-top exchange and router
tomdaug

Ok, Thanks for the reply. I figured I'd be ok on the router. It was the DVR that I was more concerned about.

0 Likes