Question about the media DVR usage...
Hoss

I just ordered FIOS TV and have no experience with it yet (not even at a friends or something). Its not even installed yet. I have 3 TV's and ordered one media DVR box and 2 SD regular boxes.

If I understood what I read about these boxes (not a lot of details on the site), my plan is to install the media DVR box on my HD TV, and the SD boxes on my two old SD TV's. But had a couple questions I was hoping you all could help with...

1. Can these SD boxes see the recorded content that is on the media DVR box?
  2. If so, can the SD boxes play the recorded HD content (down-sampled to SD of course)?
  3. Will the SD boxes be able to view/play photos/music that the media DVR box has access to (from a PC)?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about the media DVR usage...
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Hoss wrote:

I just ordered FIOS TV and have no experience with it yet (not even at a friends or something). Its not even installed yet. I have 3 TV's and ordered one media DVR box and 2 SD regular boxes.

If I understood what I read about these boxes (not a lot of details on the site), my plan is to install the media DVR box on my HD TV, and the SD boxes on my two old SD TV's. But had a couple questions I was hoping you all could help with...

2. If so, can the SD boxes play the recorded HD content (down-sampled to SD of course)?
  3. Will the SD boxes be able to view/play photos/music that the media DVR box has access to (from a PC)?

Thanks!

1. yes

2. no

3. no

simple?  lol

1. yes, that is what the MRDVR is for. You record your show on the DVR and then you can watch the recorded program in any room. (see number 2 for exception)

2. no. Anything recorded in HD can only be view by an HD STB. In your case that you described, only the DVR will be able to view an HD program. If you want to be able to view the show in any room, you will need to record in SD

3. no. the media manager only works between a computer and a DVR

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@Hoss wrote:

Thanks!

1. yes

2. no

3. no

simple?  lol

1. yes, that is what the MRDVR is for. You record your show on the DVR and then you can watch the recorded program in any room. (see number 2 for exception)

2. no. Anything recorded in HD can only be view by an HD STB. In your case that you described, only the DVR will be able to view an HD program. If you want to be able to view the show in any room, you will need to record in SD

3. no. the media manager only works between a computer and a DVR

0 Likes
PJM6

You are better off getting 2 HD boxes with the DVR that way you don't have to worry about how you record on the HD DVR. If you record a HD channel you will get black bars on the top & bottom if you watch it on the other TVs. That is the set up I have & the price is the same.

0 Likes