question for Samsung smart tv users
avemaria92
Contributor - Level 1

I'm still new to the 21st century and was reading about the Fios app, which according to the description allows us to view Fios without a set top box if we have a Samsung smart tv with smart hub (which I do).. I hard wired my bedroom TV to the Fios 'network' but am still having trouble getting it working.. is it true we can run a TV without a box this way?  if not, what are they talking about?

for reference here is the description

Verizon FiOS TV

Verizon continues to expand the borderless lifestyle! FiOS customers subscribing to FiOS TV and FiOS Internet can stream FiOS TV channels and view commercial movies through select devices. This app allows you to enjoy FiOS TV without the need for an additional set top box.
Download this FREE app from your device by visiting the manufacturer’s app store.

Supported Devices:
  • xBox – xBox 360 and xBox One Game consoles.
  • Samsung – Samsung Smart TV or Smart Blu-ray player with the Samsung Smart Hub.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: question for Samsung smart tv users
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) FIOS App has been pulled from some Samsung devices due to a software issue.

2) You can only watch some channels (not all are on the Samsung APP).

3) What type of problems are you having? I know that if the TV is not on the same subnet as the cable boxes, it won't work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) FIOS App has been pulled from some Samsung devices due to a software issue.

2) You can only watch some channels (not all are on the Samsung APP).

3) What type of problems are you having? I know that if the TV is not on the same subnet as the cable boxes, it won't work.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

xxxxx out the same subnet.  Mine was never on the same subnet but worked.  I believe it just most be being delivered to FIOS IP address.  But as said the app is now removed for many models of Samsung.  I believe the 2013-2014 TV's are the ones where it is reported as still working.  F series or later.

0 Likes
JWJA

I'm having the same issue, although Fios used to work on my Samsung Smart TV, but then stopped working and the app disappeared from the app store. I called Samsung and they said that Verizon discontinued the app. But I have trouble believing that, considering that the XBox app is still available, and you can watch on your iphone etc. Next step -- call Verizon and see what they say.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last we heard from there level 3 they were working on it.  Hopefully they haven't decided to abandon it.  The did previously decide to abandon the LG version.

0 Likes