Re: "Currently Unavailable " and No Audio on various channels
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@DMZ wrote:
If there's the old R9 coax in your home that cable companies used back in the old days, it MUST be replaced with R6 coax that has the thicker middle insulator.

Although this might be true, I can assure you that wiring or a defecttive coax-box CAN'T be the reason for this problem. All was working fine a week ago and guess what - I'm still using the same wiring. I do not understand howsomebody can even suggest that wiring could be the cause for this issue when the problem pops up virtually everywhere..

I'm having this problem as well and if a nationwide problem occurs over the last few weeks AND I didn't change ANY of my hardware and everything was working fine before, why MUST I suddenly replace my coax?? Makes no sense to me..

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@FloridaFiOS wrote:

@DMZ wrote:
If there's the old R9 coax in your home that cable companies used back in the old days, it MUST be replaced with R6 coax that has the thicker middle insulator.

Although this might be true, I can assure you that wiring or a defecttive coax-box CAN'T be the reason for this problem. All was working fine a week ago and guess what - I'm still using the same wiring. I do not understand howsomebody can even suggest that wiring could be the cause for this issue when the problem pops up virtually everywhere..

I'm having this problem as well and if a nationwide problem occurs over the last few weeks AND I didn't change ANY of my hardware and everything was working fine before, why MUST I suddenly replace my coax?? Makes no sense to me..

If you have RG59 COAX, it is not supported plain and simple. Even if it was not a problem last week and something did change. RG59 will not handle the higher frequencies of FIOS. MOCA running at 1050mhz for the IP portion of FIOS should not be run over older RG59 COAX. If you do not have the older COAX then I would say it's not the issue.
0 Likes
golfdude
I have been having this problem as well.  I recently moved and transferred my service and never had this problem at my old address.  The Verizon installer hooked up the hardware on the house and tied it into the existing coax.  When he was checking the various cable plugs in the house he said the signal was inconsistant with an instrument he was using.  When I had FIOS installed at the old house the installer ran new coax to all of the outlets in the house.  The installer did not do this when I moved.  Isn't Verizon responsible for installing a system that works if there is a problem with the coax?
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@prisaz wrote:

@FloridaFiOS wrote:

@DMZ wrote:

If you have RG59 COAX, it is not supported plain and simple. Even if it was not a problem last week and something did change. RG59 will not handle the higher frequencies of FIOS. MOCA running at 1050mhz for the IP portion of FIOS should not be run over older RG59 COAX. If you do not have the older COAX then I would say it's not the issue.

Again, look at all the  various complaints. I highly doubt all these members suddenly moved or switched to older Coax. BTW, I already used FIOS last week..(;. In addition, my system is NOT set to MOCA.

While your information is highly appreciated, it's obvious that this is a software-issue caused by 1.6.1 and will probably fixed with 1.6.2.

It just doesn't make sense to advise other members to have their wires changed to solve the problem although the software from VZ is messed up. Also, "plain and simple"..

0 Likes
golfdude
So, what is the fix?  Unplug the STB, drink a cup of coffee, plug the STB back in, and this new software will be installed?
0 Likes
SteveK

@FloridaFiOS wrote:
While your information is highly appreciated, it's obvious that this is a software-issue caused by 1.6.1 and will probably fixed with 1.6.2.

That comment is scary as I have the problem on 1.6.0 and was hoping that 1.6.1 would help.  Now does this mean i will haveto wait another decade?

As to the cable issue, my house is new one year, with all new cables (RG6 and Cat-5e). - SO NO CABLE PROBLEM

Problem occurs on HD/DVR box, not SD box.

I have tried changing from HDMI cables between my "cable box" and the AV receiver.  Still have HDMI cable between AV receiver and TV.  Did not fix problem.  To change the receiver to TV cable woudl mean removing the TV form the wall.  Tell me this is not necessary.  I won;t do it unless I have high probabliity of fixingthe problem.

Steve

0 Likes
golfdude
The only STB I am having problems with is my HD DVR (I have 4 other standard STB's).
0 Likes
SteveK
Does anyone from Verizon ever even look at these posts?
0 Likes
golfdude
Not to my knowledge.  Not officially.  If you cruise through the postings you will see some members listed as employees of Verizon.  However, there postings are not "official" company postings.  At least, that is my understanding.
0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@golfdude wrote:
So, what is the fix?  Unplug the STB, drink a cup of coffee, plug the STB back in, and this new software will be installed?

No, the new software is rolled out by VZ based on your region. I, in the Florida area, probably have to wait for several weeks to have that fixed.

0 Likes