Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

"not subscribed" message

jb3710
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

"not subscribed" message

Message 1 of 4
(4,619 Views)

About once a month a whole slew of channels (normal channels like ESPN HD) will suddenly say sorry you are not subscribed. Generally a reset of the stb will fix it, but I'm getting tired of this happening. And sometimes it takes a few resets, or one of those automated calls to Verzion to initialize box totally.

Another symptom will be recorded shows are all messed up. When I try to watch a recorded show that recorded during the problem, it will just jump around from 5 minutes to 20 to end of show.

Anyone know why this is happening? Is hard drive messed up? Does this happen to you?

Thanks!

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
VZ_Kim
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: "not subscribed" message

Message 2 of 4
(4,538 Views)

jb3710,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your dvr. It sounds like your set top box isn't updating on a regular basis. That could be caused by the cabling going to that stb or it could be an issue with the stb itself. Because it usually comes back with a reset or initialization and the error message is definitely "you are not subscribed" as opposed to "currently unavailable", it sounds like it could be the stb.  I can send you a new one. Please fill out the form at this secure link: https://www22.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/.  Please include the name, address and phone # attached to the account and let me know when the form is complete. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kim
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Dave512
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(3,066 Views)

The same just hapened to me, I think.  I'm not sure that it was ESPN, but it was something like that. I was watching a FB game on Fox HD when it came up.

I tried to back out of it and hit OK which aparently initiated a subscription, which I did NOT want to do.  It sat there processing for a few seconds and then said something about not being able to complete at that time.

How do I make sure that I didn't just get subcribed to something I don't want?

doropallo
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 4 of 4
(3,049 Views)

Happens to me with VOD, that and can't process your request try later.  I'll just try another provider in a few months.

Dave
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title