Receiver remote control programming issue
amy_m77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to program our harman/kardon receiver on our vzn remote. tried all the codes vzn provided online. a few codes work in that the receiver shuts off after code is accepted. however, try to power receiver back on and it won't turn on. tv & cable box are still on when we do this. anyone know how to fix it so receiver goes back on using one of the vzn codes??

thanks.

Message Edited by amy_m77 on 11-08-2008 01:31 PM
0 Likes
Re: Receiver remote control programming issue
HowlingMad
Enthusiast - Level 2
Have not figured it out myself. I have a Yamaha receiver and I can get the Fios remote to work for the volume and I can get it to shut the power of receiver off, but it will not turn the power on. I have to use the seperate receiver remote to turn it on, then I can use the fios remote to change the volume.
0 Likes
Re: Receiver remote control programming issue
pnrobin

Harman Kardon use separate on and off codes for their receivers.  This is why the HK original remote has an On and an Off button.  I have my reciever set up to turn the receiver on but not turn off. The only way to get this to work is to program the amp as 2 devices, one as on and one as off, assuming that you have a DVD then you don't have enough options to do this on the supplied remote.

Peter

0 Likes