recent searches
reijo

when i go to search option, on right side of the screen it say's recent searches. listed there is all the shows i've searched for. it's a handy feature, whenever i want to check on a show i go to search, then scroll to the right and my shows i search are listed. recently my searches are gone and shows listed aren't any i've searched for. i clear the list, enter a couple shows that get added to recent searches and exit. i go back and my shows are gone and there's a bunch of shows in recent searches that i haven't searched for. why aren't my searches being saved. they used to be.

0 Likes
Re: recent searches
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

I have VMS/IPC.

You don't see a list but there are a number of icons to the right of the search box that has your recent searches.

0 Likes
reijo

Arris

icp100p2

theres no numbers anywhere in the except on the search box keypad. i just don't understand why my searches were always there and now they're gone. i haven't changed anything in settings

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So when you hit B and nothing else, you don't see anything to the right of search box?

Even after you just searched something?

Have you tried resetting box?
Does it happen on all boxes or just this one?

0 Likes
DaWigg

I am having the exact same issue. My wife and I have been thinking of moving to a TiVo DVR but decided to try the new FIOS DVR box. We turned it on and started searching for shows when this issue started occurring.

Its really frustrating and a little nerve racking since it is like someone else is performing searches on our box. We would do a search for a show, watch said show, go back in to find another and have 3 other recent searches of shows in there that we didn't search for.

It is one thing if these were suggestions, but I turned that feature off and it is still occurring.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't see that on mine.

What happens if you do this:

1) Go into search

2) Select clear recent searches

3) Search for a single show.

4) Select it and watch it

5) Come back to search

Do you see more than that show?

BTW, I ran a test.

If you search and select a show but don't watch it, it will still show up in recent search list.

0 Likes