RECENTLY Black Bars top and bottom on HD
F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

In past few days when I turn on my multi-room STB /TV I'm getting top & bottom black bars. Picture appears stretched. This on HD channels, TV set to 16:9.  Rebooting the STB corrects the problem  BUT  recurres the next day, requiring another reboot.  Happening daily for past 3-5 days.  My other STB has no similar problem.

0 Likes
Re: RECENTLY Black Bars top and bottom on HD
Vfam1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue as of October 5, 2018. HD channels that are playing HD content are coming in as really odd widescreen and have the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. I have not changed any of the picture/zoom settings on my TV or my STB.

What is the issue that is happening with these boxes? Also, what is the reboot code for DVRs? I'd like to at least apply temporary solutions until Verizon gives a more permanent fix. I don't want to unplug and replug my DVR and I was almost sure there was some way to input special codes into the DVR for certain actions like reboot.

0 Likes
jt710
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sounds similar to what I've been going over and over in this thread:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/FIOS-DVR-STB-set-to-1080P-occasionally-TV...

See if you can check your TV's reported display resolution.. in my case, the 1080 16:9 broadcast was displaying as 480p 4:3 on my TV.  A quick fix for me, was to go to the Video Settings on the STB.. set to a different display mode, then revert.

0 Likes
F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I been rebooting (without UNPLUGing) by goiny to MENU  -  Customer Support  - 

Top Support Tools  -  scroll down to "Reboot STB"

This reboots the Set Top Box without unpluging / re-pluging.

VERIZON  Fix The Problem!!!!!!

0 Likes
F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please. 

Of course TV is set to same parameters as its ALWAYS been. This is a VERIZON issue, NOT a TV issue.  My ITC1100 STB does not have the same problem, just the multi-room STB.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

For Verizon assitance, you will need to contact support.

Either 1800Verizon or twitter @verizonsupport

jt710
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do me a favor..

Next time this happens, hold the "D" button on the bottom-right of your remote for 5-6 seconds.. let go.   Wait, you'll get a support menu... then a "hidden" menu w/ a User Settings option.

Go in there.. what display mode do you have?  Mine says 480p... switch it to 1080p60 and the problem is fixed.. until next time.

Vfam1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'll try using the "D" button the next time this occurs, jt7. Thanks for the heads up. I've been bothere by the issue all weekend but tonight when I turned on the set top box, the display was working properly. Am I lucky at the moment or has the issue been resolved for others as well?

jt710
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd guess lucky..

I've had the problem for about 3 weeks...  

0 Likes
N30

Thanks! That was driving me INSANE!

0 Likes