Re: Record Live TV
Kriky
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have read somewhere in the Verizon FiOS world (sorry I can't remember where) that if you have been tuned to a program from its beginning and you press Record, regardless of how far into the program you are, you will record the entire program.

However, if you have tuned into the program part way through, then your recording will be partway through also.

Sorry, I realize this does not fix anything but if what I read was accurate then at least it explains the situation.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Kriky wrote:

I have read somewhere in the Verizon FiOS world (sorry I can't remember where) that if you have been tuned to a program from its beginning and you press Record, regardless of how far into the program you are, you will record the entire program.

However, if you have tuned into the program part way through, then your recording will be partway through also.

Sorry, I realize this does not fix anything but if what I read was accurate then at least it explains the situation.

It will also record from the beginning of the program if you had been on the channel long enough before switching to watch a different channel, and then tune back to the channel before switching to any other channel.

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

As mentioned earlier, the reboot fixes it, but than it comes back, sometimes right away and sometimes after a while

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will check to see if the start of the show is in buffer changes anything.  What I have seen happen is while watching a show live, press the record button.  Than the white on the progress bar goes away and you cannot rewind.  When you go to the recorded show, it starts from the point where you pressed record.  The show up to that point is not recorded or in the buffer.

0 Likes
ecs1322

Has anyone figured out a fix for this? I realize this post is a year old but since this most recent DVR update I am experiencing the same issue. I have run the auto-fix/reboot twice and it did not fix it either time. This is frustrating especially now while watching the Olympics...wanted to start recording after sitting down to watch what had been being buffered and lost the entire hour before...this happened first during the opening ceremony (forgot to set to record...) Anyway, please help. This worked beautifully a week or so ago before the update but no longer. Thank you.

0 Likes
bwh1
Contributor - Level 1
I have also had the same thing happen since the latest update
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Working fine for me.  I suggest you try using the option in the support menu to fix your box.  Hopefully it will fix your problem.

0 Likes