Recording NEW Episodes in a Series
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

I have a 7232-2 DVR.  Yesterday I noticed that an episode in a series that I had scheduled to record did not record.  It was a new 1st run episode of the series.   As a test I scheduled a different series for recording and got an on screen message stating that the series would be recorded, but the current episode would not, because it was a repeat episode (It was NOT).  I received the same message for every series that I selected to record.  When I checked "Scheduled Recordings" none of these series were listed.  I had the DVR Settings set to record "New" episodes only.  I changed it to "New & Repeat" episodes and then checked the "Scheduled Recordings" and they were now listed.

It appears that if the DVR is set to record ONLY NEW episodes of a series it will NOT record ANY episodes of the series, regardless if NEW or NOT.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is there a fix for this? I want to record only NEW episodes, I don't want to use up drive space re-recording episodes I have already recorded. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recording NEW Episodes in a Series
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If they are marked as new, show up in the schedule, and they are not recording, then theres a problem. I have sent you a private message to get your account info so we can help fix this.

View solution in original post

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Evening ,

Scheduling a series recording to record only new episodes depend solely on the description that the provider loads to the guide.  Often times the provider does not mark the episodes as new and that causes the recording to be missed when recording new episodes.  Unfortunately, We are unable to control what HBO, Cinemax, TBS, USA,TNT etc..... provide for the description of the program.  If there is anything we can do to help,  please let us know.

Thanks,

Verizon Support

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@TonyaD_VZ wrote:

Good Evening ,

Scheduling a series recording to record only new episodes depend solely on the description that the provider loads to the guide.  Often times the provider does not mark the episodes as new and that causes the recording to be missed when recording new episodes.  Unfortunately, We are unable to control what HBO, Cinemax, TBS, USA,TNT etc..... provide for the description of the program.  If there is anything we can do to help,  please let us know.

Thanks,

Verizon Support

They ARE marked as NEW when I view them in the guide, but even if I assume that the problem is with the guide and not with the DVR Firmware, then why doesn't Verizon contact the company that provides VERIZON with the Guide and which they PAY for the Guide, ant tell them to FIX it.  These EXCUSES such as it really isn't us, the people selling me the service, it is the guy who owns the dog who ate the homework, is really wearing thin.  FIX the PROBLEM instead of making up reasons why there is a problem.

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

I could be wrong, but I believe Verizon outsources the Guide content to a "content provider".  Someone once posted the company's name, which I think was in Texas.  In any  event, it is notoriously unreliable.  It says new when the shows are not new...it says not new when they are, and sometimes they hilariously show content for the wrong movies with similar titles. 

During the Obama/McCain presidential debates, the guide had content that said Bush/Kerry presidential debates.  I monitored it, and it took them over a week to even realize how idiotic their content was.  I find it extremely hard to believe that the news departments at the networks got that wrong.  It was quite obvious some dodo at guide company got it wrong.  I would not hope for a solution unless Verizon finds a new content provider.

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If they are marked as new, show up in the schedule, and they are not recording, then theres a problem. I have sent you a private message to get your account info so we can help fix this.

Jdoug1
I'm also having issues trying to record series of shows on dvr. It won't even give the option most times
0 Likes