Recording Series not working for Shows with "SHOW NAME S#E#" in listing
TXXL

Recently two shows aired Partners on FX Network and Satisfaction on USA Network.  Both Shows in the Listing are listed Partners S1E1 or Satisfaction S1E1.  Both when I choose the Record Series resulted in no shows being recorded.  

The workaround appears to be manually record each episode.   is there some other solution that you(FIOS) or I can impletment. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recording Series not working for Shows with "SHOW NAME S#E#" in listing
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is numerous threads about this. VZ did something recently and it affected all recording across the board.

Quantum TV and regular Moto DVR's are affected.

0 Likes
Graymare4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem recently that I can't get the whole series to record but only individual episodes.  Called Verizon who claims they haven't done any programming changes and my box hard drive might be bad.  Their only solution was to send me anew box.  I can't imagine that will fix this.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

0 Likes
PJF310
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Graymare4 wrote:

I am having the same problem recently that I can't get the whole series to record but only individual episodes.  Called Verizon who claims they haven't done any programming changes and my box hard drive might be bad.  Their only solution was to send me anew box.  I can't imagine that will fix this.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

They did something that changed how recording is done. It's not your box.

The people on the phone have no idea whats going on. I'm surprised VZ hasn't sent a memo out to Tech Support that there is a known issue and they are looking into.

With about a half dozen threads in the past week on here and I'm sure thousands of calls they have know something is up

Graymare4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did follow up and placed another call to a rep once I went and checked out my parent's box @ their house and it was looking exactly like mine.  This rep had no knowledge of this, but actually understood the problem and spent a lot of time going back and forth between me & her help desk.  All she could offer was she would "report it and hopefully they'll change it back when they do another update".  Hopefully, if more people call & complain & ask them to report it, something will happen soon.  If it wasn't such a hassle, I'd leave Verizon.

0 Likes