Remote arrow keys intermittently working on CHS 435HDC
zackwag

The arrow and ok buttons on the Fios remote and my Logitech harmony remote intermittently work on the dvr menu and program info screens. This only started happening within the last week or so after the automatic STB update was released.

0 Likes
Re: Remote arrow keys intermittently working on CHS 435HDC
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the problems you are having with the remotes controlling the box. You should run through the autofix to correct this. Please press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required.

0 Likes
zackwag

I've already run that two times, no difference. Is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The only other thing that you can do on your end is to make sure there are fresh batteries in the Verizon remote. I can't say what may or may not be happening in the Harmony remote only because it is not Verizon equipment. As the battery gets to a weak point, it will send out weak signals that will occasionally not be recognized by the box. The lower the battery gets the more frequent this happens. If putting in fresh batteries does not fix it, we will need to move your post to our private support board so we can get your account information privately so we can send commands to the box.

0 Likes
zackwag
I've switched to two different sets of batteries. Can you move this to the private board?
0 Likes
zackwag

Maybe I wasn't clear. Changing the batteries did nothing. I need to go to the next available solution.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello 

We have tried to reach you to ensure all of your concerns are resolved. Please let us know if you require any further assistance. We are happy to help.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
DataLover
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this problem for about 6 weeks and it has been drving me nuts. The remote worked fine in the morning, but in the evening, I would have to click a dozen or more times before getting an STB response. Based on another posting, I was checking out an Amazon listing of a remote IR receiver extender. Someone who posted a review of that product mentioned that they had been told some kinds of lighting could interfere with the remote IR signal. Out of curiosity, I tried turning off the room lights and voila, the remote started working fine! I then realized that, in the morning, I typically do not have the lights turned on, but in the evening I do. I also realized that the problem had started when I had replaced some recessed incandescent lights with CFLs. My TV is in a room with multiple sets of recessed lights and so as long as the ones nearest the TV are off, my remote works.

Being curious about some of the other postings from people who have been having this problem, I wondered if the reason why placing a yellow Post It note over the STB IR receiver worked for some people is because it was filtering the light. For me, the yellow Post It note did NOT help. The remote worked fine with the CFLs turned off but not with them on. However, I then tried pieces of paper of other colors and found that covering the STB receiver with a red Netflix envelope allowed the remote to work just fine even when the CFLs were turned on.

So, at least for now, my remote is working fine and I have at least a partial understanding of what is causing the problem. However, I do wonder why the remote ever works when the CFLs are on. Is it possible that small fluctuations in line voltage cause some variation in amount of interfering light from the CFLs? (Just curious now!) Very happy to have a remote that works now. Hope this helps at least a few people because I know how incredibly frustrating this problem is!