Remote Control Code for My RCA TV
GGenua

I have an RCA Model SLD50A45RQ TV and have used the code for RCA (321) to program my fios P265 remote and it does not work. I pressed the CH+ button until the remote gives up. I have also used the generic procedure for programming the remote; OK+FIOS TV Buttons, then hold the play button until my finger is numb, and the remote finally gives up again, but still, it will not shut off my TV so that I can go on to the next steps - testing. Does anyone know why this remote will not work with my TV? It used to work fine with my samsung TV.

-Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Remote Control Code for My RCA TV
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which of these remotes came with your TV ?

It's manual might lead to your answer.

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/remotes/

0 Likes
PoderChristoph

Hi, I also have this issue. My Remote is not pictured at the site you suggested. Here is the picture.   Please help!image

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
dsapo

We have RCA model RTU5015, we also have remote setup issues.  We tried code 321 and the long method to let the system find the code.  Neither worked.  We can use the FIOS remote to change channels, but not control on/off or volume.  Did any of you find a solution?  Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its possible that RCA has changed some of the programming for their TVs so the old ones no longer work.
That is one of the issues with "universal" remotes.

So newer models may not work.

That is why a device like Harmony remote that can be updated exists.

0 Likes