Remote DVR Activation Failure but using VZ Router
hoon

I tried to activate remote DVR but received the error:

"Remote DVR is not supported on non-Verizon routers.

Remote DVR service works only with the Verizon supplied routers and with no changes to the original setup. Since you are using your own router and/or firewall setup we cannot enable Remote DVR on your account."

I am using Verizon supplied D-Link DI-624 router, have all original settings, but do MAC filtering (as suggested by VZ!)

How can I activate the feature?

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Activation Failure but using VZ Router
prisaz
Legend

@hoon wrote:

I tried to activate remote DVR but received the error:

"Remote DVR is not supported on non-Verizon routers.

Remote DVR service works only with the Verizon supplied routers and with no changes to the original setup. Since you are using your own router and/or firewall setup we cannot enable Remote DVR on your account."

I am using Verizon supplied D-Link DI-624 router, have all original settings, but do MAC filtering (as suggested by VZ!)

How can I activate the feature?

Well I just went through the same trouble, but was using the first revision of Actiontec router. If you have TV service and use the old D-Link you must have a Motorola NIM-100 for your set top boxes to get all the IP features. When my TV was installed they swaped out the DI-624 for the Actiontec to supply the COAX on router. The D-Link will not work because the firmware does not support the remote access features. Contact tech support and they should send you a new router at no cost. They may want you to send back the old DI-624, or get charged $99. I just sent my old router back with their supplied UPS shipping label. When my Actiontec was installed with the TV the tech said forget that old router and left it with me. "Verizon does not use them anymore".

If you have a NIM-100 and install the Actiontec or Westell router, you will need to remove the NIM-100. Once you get the new router installed, you more then likely will need to have them remove and re add your DVR to get the features enabled. Once my DVR configuration was rejected because of router issue, they had to do that to get the process of activation started again.

Message Edited by prisaz on 05-02-2009 07:28 AM
0 Likes
hoon

Thx prisaz. If not possible with DI-624 / Motorola NIM-100, and I have to use the inferior Actiontec, so be it. I will call support when I have the time, since I seemingly cannot initiate support ticket any other way. It means VZ stated requirements for remote DVR are incorrect; they should specify clearly that some VZ supplied configurations do not work.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@hoon wrote:

Thx prisaz. If not possible with DI-624 / Motorola NIM-100, and I have to use the inferior Actiontec, so be it. I will call support when I have the time, since I seemingly cannot initiate support ticket any other way. It means VZ stated requirements for remote DVR are incorrect; they should specify clearly that some VZ supplied configurations do not work.

The DI-624 and NIM-100 is the first configuration, and not that many people have it. Yes I too do not like the Actiontec router because of security issues mostly. I have  IP-COP Linux router box between the Actiontec router and my PC network. When Tech support mapped/port forwarded to one of my workstations and not a set top box, ir rather upset me. I was using just the Linux box as a router. Worked great until I wanted the other features.

Also when contacting tech support, at times a chat window is faster. Not always available. If you go to the support contact us page and sellect call, the chat option box comes up it they have it available at that time. Good luck and I hope it works out.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Based on another users input the three routers listed were Actiontec, Westell, and D-Link. D-Link will not work. Verizon is aware, and should update this information. The remote features are nice, and I really like programming my favorites online.

0 Likes