remote DVR question
ljaffe

Hi everyone,

I just got FIOS TV yesterday and I am very happy so far.  I tried to get the Remote DVR to work today, but the system does not seem to give me the option.  Specifically, TV Central does not give me any links for it and on my DVR it does not appear as an option in my menu.  I have home media up and running, so it appears I meet the criteria. 

I called tech support, but the fellow I spoke to had no idea what remote DVR was.  He did some rudimentary checks, but still no joy. 

I suspect there is something that Verizon has to do on their end to enable it.  Might anyone have a suggestion how I can fix this?

Larry

0 Likes
Re: remote DVR question
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your post is the first I've heard of this feature. Where did you hear about it?  I too called Tech Support, but had no luck.  It makes sense to be able to do this since other services like Tivo make it possible

Message Edited by shaywood on 10-24-2008 02:27 PM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
It's only available in Oregon & Virginia right now. It shoud be everywhere by the end of the year.
0 Likes
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2
I live in Oregon. But, from reading that I've done it looks like the feature is only available on the Media DVRs. Correct?
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Yes, correct, it won't work on a regular DVR it has to be the multiroom one.
0 Likes
TheMonkey2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@matcarl wrote:
Yes, correct, it won't work on a regular DVR it has to be the multiroom one.
is that a hardware issue?
0 Likes
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2
So far, this service is hit and miss.   Some days I can access the dvr online, some days I can't.  Verizon hardward is inferior.
0 Likes