Remote DVR Stopped Working, Get Error Message in Browser
FordPrefect
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi everyone, maybe someone can shed some light on this:

Today, I logged into my account and went to interact with my DVR to schedule a recording.  I clicked "My Set Top Boxes", and then clicked "DVR" like I always do, except this time, I got a blank white page that only said "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable".  I tried several different browsers and even a different computer.  MY TV and Internet at home are functioning normally.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR Stopped Working, Get Error Message in Browser
FordPrefect
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, now I can get to the interface, but when I look to see what shows are in my DVR, I get a message that says "There was an error while processing your request.Please check the status of STB and try again later."  

Thoughts?  

0 Likes
Ching

no idea;  mine just today did the same thing

i'm going to check the listener in the setup to make sure it is active

i shall reply back if it fixes anything.

i was hoping to hop on here and hear that there was another problems somewhere.

0 Likes
Ching

I have 3 DVRs;   2 are not accessible currently....  I get that same error message in the browser....

Guess what i see:

TV that works fine, when i go to HELP>SELF DIAGNOSTICS

The value for Remote DVR shows that Listener 1 is started.

The value for the problematic TVs show:  Not Applicable

If i have to call that 800# again and listen to that Ladies' 'on hold' message again i'm going to slit my wrists....

arg.......

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

When I had a similar problem I reset the STB.  It seemed to fix the issue as the STB then showed up as expected.

0 Likes
slvrmoontiger

Its a problem with Verizon. This happens at least twice a week when I can't access it or it just stops working then it starts. Usually its after 12am local time. Whenever I've called in the rep insists that its during the maintenance window so its ok that its down. I'm sick of this can anyone tell us what's really happening and why you have to run maintenance so often?

0 Likes
slvrmoontiger

Site is down AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! This is outside of maintenance window. How do I get credit and when will this be fixed. Verizon is making a potentially great service really sucky because it never works when you want it to. Fix this issue.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

remote DVR is a free service, nothing to credit you for. There is no guarentee on that particular service. Last time I had this discussion with a Verizon supervisor in the billing department I was told. You are paying for TV service and DVR service. The remote DVR, Media manager, and other similar services are free so you are not paying any money for them to begin with and therefor they do no issue credits for that.

As for the maintaince, that generally happens between 2a-6a local time for box specific issues or 2a-6a eastern 11p-3a pacific for global issues. This can happen EVERY night.  Usually it only happens once or twice a month but it could happen any day. Some updates are done in increments and therfore may take several days or sometimes weeks to do. In which case it will be down every night. And with all the problems Verizon has been having with their websites lately, I would not be supprised if they are going through a lot of updating and changing.

0 Likes