Remote DVR?
SteveFromNY

I had FIOS TV installed yesterday and am really disappointed that I cannot access programs I record on my other HD boxes. Seems it doesn't work with the 6200 series of HD boxes (a fact they ought to advertise on that commercial with the basketball player).

The installer said the new 7000 series will have that capability.

Can anyone confirm this? When will the 7000 be available? Is the upgrade free? 

0 Likes
Re: Remote DVR?
JoeDaMan88
According to threads in other forums, IMG 1.6 supports streaming to HD boxes, even on the 6200 series STB.  They are rolling out the new version and Oregon just received it.
0 Likes
busbeead

@JoeDaMan88 wrote:
According to threads in other forums, IMG 1.6 supports streaming to HD boxes, even on the 6200 series STB.  They are rolling out the new version and Oregon just received it.

What other forums are you using to look up FIOS information?  I am trying to get information on IMG releases, upcoming DVR capabilities, etc, but I can not seem to find any reliable information anywhere.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
They did advertise it in the commercial. It is in the fine print at the bottom of the screen at the end of the commercial.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Here's the best Fios Forum: www.dslreports.com and look for Verizon Fios TV
0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

The dates listed on another forum for the IMG 1.6 updates are:

8/5 Portland (VHO12) and Seattle (VHO13)
8/19 Texas (VHO1) and California (VHO3)
9/3 Silver Spring (VHO4), Richmond (VHO9) and Norfolk (VHO9a)
9/9 Queens (VHO5) and Burlington (VHO6)
9/16 Florida (VHO2), Ft. Wayne (VHO10) and Pittsburgh (VHO11)
9/25 Freehold (VHO7) and Phila.. (VHO8)

0 Likes
busbeead
Thank you very much!
0 Likes
WithAK
It would be a little hard for FIOS to have this info!!!!???
0 Likes
bigpa1944
i got mine installed on the 4th jsut tried to do it, and it doesnt seem to work.. and unplugging and repluggin the main box semmed to screw it up a little... anyone got answers?
0 Likes
armstrda
Enthusiast - Level 2
Does anyone know if this is planning on working with 2 DVRs?  Meaning, if I have 2 DVRs, can i watch recorded TV on one DVR from the other DVR.
0 Likes