Remote programming problem with a Sony TV
jothnva

We had a Verizon remote (RC1445301 is the code inside) that turned on both the STB and our Sony TV (which is a rear projection TV).  When it died, I ordered a new remote and got the P265v3RC.  I cannot program this remote (or the replacement I ordered)  to turn on the TV.  When I go through the steps (OK and 0, then code # 352), as soon as I press the channel button, the TV turns off.  The remote then will not  turn it back on.  I also tried the code search method (which was what I had to use with this type of remote to program it to turn on our Sharp TV), the same thing happens  -- I press OK and the Fios TV button, then the play button and the TV immediately turns off.  Help -- does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Remote programming problem with a Sony TV
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@jothnva wrote:

We had a Verizon remote (RC1445301 is the code inside) that turned on both the STB and our Sony TV (which is a rear projection TV).  When it died, I ordered a new remote and got the P265v3RC.  I cannot program this remote (or the replacement I ordered)  to turn on the TV.  When I go through the steps (OK and 0, then code # 352), as soon as I press the channel button, the TV turns off.  The remote then will not  turn it back on.  I also tried the code search method (which was what I had to use with this type of remote to program it to turn on our Sharp TV), the same thing happens  -- I press OK and the Fios TV button, then the play button and the TV immediately turns off.  Help -- does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks!

Good evening. When you press the channel up, it sets it to the first Sharp TV code. Obviously its not the right code because it only turns the TV off, not on. Keep pressing the Channel Up button until it sends another successful power command to the TV again and test all those buttons. Please let us know the outcome.

0 Likes