Remote Question
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I've been meaning to call support but figured I would post my question here.

I got rid of a SD TV in the bedroom and replaced it with a Samsung HD TV.  I programmed the FIOS remote to control volume and turn the TV on and off.

In my family room and kitchen when I press the power button the TV and the STB will either turn on or off.  When I press the power button the remote will blink the TV and then the STB showing it performing the power on or off function for both devices.

In the bedroom when I press the power button only the stb blinks.  Yet when I press the volume button the TV volume will change and this is indicated by the TV button lighting up.  So in order to turn off the TV I have to press the TV button and then power.  I don't care but it screws my wife and kids up when they try to watch in the bedroom.

How can I program the bedroom remote to turn the tv and stb on and off together like the other remotes do?

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes
Re: Remote Question
Hubrisnxs
Legend

4 button version?

STB + ok   two seconds, let the lights blink along the top (dvd, aux, stb, tv etc.)

the code is 977 

then you have to hit tv once, then stb once, and then ok to lock it in.

that will make it so the power button turns off both the tv and stb.  with just the power button.