Remote
josta58

I just had FiOS TV installed and I'm not quite satisfied with the remote supplied by Verizon (Philips RC1445302), is this the remote routinely supplied with the Motorola 6216 STB.  I have a Vizio XL32 HDTV and the codes given by Verizon don't work, nor do the codes supplied by Vizio.  I can program the remote by seaching for the code with the remote.  It does the basic commands, but other features like video input, PIP and picture aspect do not work. If any one has a solution to this problem please let me know.  I had Time Warner previosly, which supplied a UR5U-8800 which was a superior remote in all aspects

0 Likes
Re: Remote
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The Philips remote that Verizon gives out is the standard remote for all set top boxes and televisions. If you are looking for the remote to do advanced features you will have to buy your own programmable remote like the Harmony.
0 Likes
josta58

I'm not looking for advanced feaetures,  I'm talking about features listed on the remote itself that do not work

0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

I use a Harmony now, but when I first got FIOS, I did not like the remote, so I bought a Comcast silver remote on Ebay. Many others continue the Comcast remote. It is fully compatible with Verizons STB's and has a better look and feel. Last time I chesked, you could get 2 for about $10.00. There are a number of codes available to change the functionality of some of the buttons. I believe it has the PIP you are looking for. Here is a little additional info;

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote

0 Likes